Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.71 installer now available

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.66 installer now available

Post by cantdownloadit »

Is there any way to improve how the AI handles firms in mergers.

So far i have noted that they seem to get rid of duplicated research facilities - when i tried merging lots of companies the AI cut down from 600 research centres to 70 or so.

but they do not get rid of duplicate software companies, i ended up with 94 after the merge, and even after they had shut 500 research centres, they kept all the software centres, but only the firm with the highest rated software released new versions, the others didn't as there tech is permanently lower, so they make almost no money but they AI doesn't close them.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.66 installer now available

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:06 pm Is there any way to improve how the AI handles firms in mergers.

So far i have noted that they seem to get rid of duplicated research facilities - when i tried merging lots of companies the AI cut down from 600 research centres to 70 or so.

but they do not get rid of duplicate software companies, i ended up with 94 after the merge, and even after they had shut 500 research centres, they kept all the software centres, but only the firm with the highest rated software released new versions, the others didn't as there tech is permanently lower, so they make almost no money but they AI doesn't close them.
If you can send me a savegame just before the merger with the instructions for executing the merger, I will test it and request the dev team to look into it.