Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.71 Patch

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.71 Patch

Post by cantdownloadit »

Were the saves I posted above helpful in looking into the share trading issue ?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 pm Were the saves I posted above helpful in looking into the share trading issue ?
The programmer told me that he would need a savegame before that fractional share exists, and detailed instructions for how to recreate that issue, in order to track down the bug.

On the positive side, it doesn't affect the gameplay as you can buy the fractional share from the public shareholders by clicking [Buy] one more time, as a workaround, in your savegame.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

i provided 2 save games showing the issue and gave details of the issue above. this post isnt about the fractional shares ?

this post is about not being able to buy shares if a subsidiary has bought shares in the same company - hence i am still stuck using .66 for the present time
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:15 pm i provided 2 save games showing the issue and gave details of the issue above. this post isnt about the fractional shares ?

this post is about not being able to buy shares if a subsidiary has bought shares in the same company - hence i am still stuck using .66 for the present time
Do you have the line "Anti-exploitation Game Rules" in your script?

If not, please send me your script file and I will test it for you.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:59 am
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:15 pm i provided 2 save games showing the issue and gave details of the issue above. this post isnt about the fractional shares ?

Do you have the line "Anti-exploitation Game Rules" in your script?

If not, please send me your script file and I will test it for you.
yes but you said on the previous page this was likely a bug as it shouldn't happen unless alternative stock sim is turned on....

if this is intended can you explain how its an exploit if 2 related companies both buy shares in another company ? and why only the player is prevented from doing it ?
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:31 am yes but you said on the previous page this was likely a bug as it shouldn't happen unless alternative stock sim is turned on....
After my earlier post, I got the details from the dev team that "Anti-exploitation Game Rules" would have the same effects as the “Alternative Stock Sim” option for prohibiting stock trading between the player’s company and its subsidiaries, thus making it harder to speculate stocks for quick profits.
cantdownloadit wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:31 am if this is intended can you explain how its an exploit if 2 related companies both buy shares in another company ? and why only the player is prevented from doing it ?
I recall that there were players reporting using player company / subsidiary A and B to buy shares in quick successions to drive the stock price higher and higher and then have one company dumping stocks at high prices for quick profits.

The AI does not do this exploit, so that there is no need to restrict the AI from doing so.

For the simplest solution, I recommend that you remove "Anti-exploitation Game Rules" from your script. As you do not do any exploits, removing this line will not have any negative effects to your game. This rule is mainly for challenge games involving multiple players.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

ok well I have at least a dozen part way through games on that were started under before the change, so I will be remaining on .66 for some while

I do wonder why people bother with stuff like this when they can just start the game with 100 billion if they want to (but i dont really bother about the challenge games so probably why).

(though i do think it would have been better to bring this change in with version 10 when everyone would be restarting anyway)