How far apart should duplicate stores be to?

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
hellomoon

How far apart should duplicate stores be to?

Post by hellomoon »

Hi guys,

This is kind of a noob question but I was wondering how far I need to distance my retail stores selling the same products so that the two retail stores do not split their demand.

It's like it doesn't make sense to have two Starbucks right next to each other unless demand greatly surpass the supply, right?

Also, my second question is if different retail stores in different mega products would affect the demand of other retail stores if placed next to each other.

For example, if I had a hardware store right next to an Apparel store, the demand for both would be unaffected by the locations of both retail stores, right?

However, if I placed two Apparel stores next to each other, the demand for both stores would lower since they are sharing customers, right?

Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Re: How far apart should duplicate stores be to?

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

There is no distance factor in the game for that -- feel free to stack them on top of each other 8-)
hellomoon

Re: How far apart should duplicate stores be to?

Post by hellomoon »

Thanks Esoteric! I didn't know that. I always thought placing retail stores next to rival corporations or your own corporation would basically divide the demand.