Cap 2 1.04 beta feedback

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Cap 2 1.04 beta feedback

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

2 points I believe should be fixed before 'release' as asked in the 4.0 thread.

The mouse-click increments are still wiggy, you know how it interprets several clicks from even a quick single mouse click. That is a priority for me, that was one of my 2 biggest issues over the years. (the other has been fixed, tyvm.)

All but lowest resolution are very odd on my XP64 machine. The "fullscreen" application is about half sized of the fullscreen, much smaller than my monitor stretching settings should be able to compensate for. I use SVGA resolutions. (I could speculate that app is still running at original size yet at high higher monitor resolution, but I cannot be certain.

Also, I was wondering if the latest stock manipulation exploit to be fixed by CapLab was fixed for Cap2. I am not experience with the finer points of the stock market.

Thanks, let us know if there are specific things you want us to test, k?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Cap 2 4.0 beta feedback

Post by David »

The mouse-click increments are still wiggy, you know how it interprets several clicks from even a quick single mouse click. That is a priority for me, that was one of my 2 biggest issues over the years. (the other has been fixed, tyvm.)
Could you explain the issue in more detail?

Does CapLab also have this issue?
All but lowest resolution are very odd on my XP64 machine. The "fullscreen" application is about half sized of the fullscreen, much smaller than my monitor stretching settings should be able to compensate for. I use SVGA resolutions. (I could speculate that app is still running at original size yet at high higher monitor resolution, but I cannot be certain.
The game was running at its original screen resolution on a higher resolution monitor, therefore only it could only occupy a portion of the higher res monitor's screen asset.

But the upside of this is that the aspect ratio may be more comfortable for viewing (it is less stretched over a wide screen monitor).
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

David wrote:
Could you explain the issue in more detail? Does CapLab also have this issue?
CapLab does not have this issue.

I should state upfront that I am left-clicking, not right-clicking. And am I using patch 1.04

When using the +/- radio buttons, particularly for the amount of stock to buy or sell, also to a lesser but still severe degree with retail pricing, (and I assume every control in the game) clicking (and releasing) the button does not adjust it by a single increment, it does several. In other words, I see (and hear) the effect of click several times rather than once. Also, it is similar to the repeating effect that holding down the mouse button would have, but it is far to fast to humanly control (actually not just too fast for humans, was too fast for an autohotkey script too which I tried recently on patch 1.02)

Using the stock market as the easiest testing ground, we should be able to buy or sell stock in 0.10% increments and the control ranges from 0.00 to 5.00. [5% maximum limit on stock trades.] :

It is virtually impossible to set it at 0.10%, which is what is intended with a single click on the plus sign when starting at 0.00%.

If I hold down the mouse button for slightly longer than a normal click, it will zip right along from 0.00 to 5.00.
If I click normally, it will jump by about 3.00% on average.
If I click as fast as possible, maybe it will only change by 1.20% but it's very inconsistent. I just tried a dozen times starting from 0.00 and was unable to set a value less than 0.70.

I've been trying to remember what program I used for video recording, I'll reinstall FRAPS if I must. Would be happy to provide footage. I did believe this was a well known bug, as it's affected me since 2002 or whenever I first played, and the few times over the years I've reinstalled, and I've seen frequent reports of it in the past.
Last edited by Esoteric Rogue on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
David

Post by David »

Will ask the programmers to look into it.

About the screen resolution, do you think the new function in v1.04 allowing you to change the resolution is in any way useful? Or you basically just find the original Cap2 screen resolution (the one that occupies the whole screen) is the most suitable, in Cap2's case?
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

David wrote:Will ask the programmers to look into it.

About the screen resolution, do you think the new function in v1.04 allowing you to change the resolution is in any way useful? Or you basically just find the original Cap2 screen resolution (the one that occupies the whole screen) is the most suitable, in Cap2's case?
The original Cap2 size is perfectly fine, as I have no need for changing screen resolution; I cannot speak for those who use wide screen monitors.

I did record a video for the mouseclick bugs. (CamStudio recorded at the wrong resolution, cropping the video screen, but it's fine.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj3GNct7LKQ

Edit: Added better video (except for my breathing) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbyD3U3LUqA
David

Re: Cap 2 1.04 beta feedback

Post by David »

Esoteric Rogue wrote: The mouse-click increments are still wiggy, you know how it interprets several clicks from even a quick single mouse click. That is a priority for me, that was one of my 2 biggest issues over the years. (the other has been fixed, tyvm.)

We have fixed this mouse-clicking issue with Cap2 and you may download the latest v1.05 patch at:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=8&t=1247

Please test it and let me us know if it works well for you.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Re: Cap 2 1.04 beta feedback

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

My feedback is in the 1.05 feedback thread. http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=2&t=1106