Is there going to be a Capitalism 3

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Re: Is there going to be a Capitalism 3

Post by jondonnis »

Would love to see Cap 3. Don't know why no other company hasn't taken it on.

I'd rather better game play. Currently I find now, in the later game. If you just buy up the Oil etc you make all your money.

Also having issues currently in Win 7, with dual screens. So having to play in a VM. Stuff like that needs to be fixed.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We are going to make the acquisition cost of natural resources, like oil, more closely tied to their market prices. It will be less easy to make tons of money with oil later in the game.
Habraka

Post by Habraka »

Bigger maps, perhaps a couple more cities, a more polished look (though always chose game play over graphics) and perhaps actually being able to see the difference between yours and your competitors products package wise if you are selling your products labeled.
ajpiper2k
Level 2 user

Post by ajpiper2k »

I'm a huge fan of Cap2 and am really successful of building huge companies on very high levels of difficulty. It is by far my favorite game.

With that said, I don't find the building matrix model very realistic. It is fun to play, but in a real manufacturing scenario, there are several additional factors that take place. For example:
1. When you build a building, the game currently charges you for the real estate and land, but there is usually a delay as the facility is being built.
2. I like that each facility has purchasing and sales offices. However, purchasing offices can have multiple suppliers without incurring the additional overhead associated with adding another purchasing unit in the current matrix model. I can see how another purchasing unit also implies the amount of loading and unloading of materials. But there are many cases where these are more effective if managed as separate variables, not together.
3. There is also room for improvement by giving each building a shared inventory (for raw materials and finished products). This would allow buildings to take on more of a product line mentality. In addition, you can allow the users to purchase additional inventory space as needed.
4. I would like to either a warehouse or a distribution center implemented in the system. In the current game, I can accomplish this for raw materials by using a factory. 4 purchasing units pour into a single inventory shared by 4 sales units. In the first capitalism game, I could do this for both raw materials and finished goods. Cap 2 only allows me to do this for raw materials. I need small medium and huge facilities that can help ensure that all of my factory supplies remain stable (at a cost of course). I would love it if I could have a distribution center capable of 16 purchasing units and 8 sales units.
5. In looking at my supplier list, I would like my pricing across the board to be consistent. However, when I have 16 farms for Cotton, the only way I can distinguish between them in the selection list is by price. Is there a chance we could name our facilities?
6. I think there is a large opportunity to improve reporting in this game. I would like to be able to look at an entire city with over 16 Leather farms and be able to tell how many units were made, how many were sold and how many units I have in inventory. The graphs currently provided give me a comparison which allows me to effectively make many decisions. But, I want to look at things on a month to month basis. So, when I shut down a plant, I can see if it is effecting other facilities within the city.

I also like the ideas of commodity markets as well as creating new products.

As I said at the beginning, I love this game. I hope these ideas help inspire improvements for a Cap3.

Andy
BlessedSoul

Post by BlessedSoul »

David wrote:We are inclined to improve Capitalism 2 by adding new features and polishing existing gameplay rather than making a complete overhaul.

In other words, the game will remain in 2D and the graphically it will only have marginal improvements. Would you guys want a 3D version of Capitalism ? The feedback we have got from users is that graphics do not matter for a game like Capitalism 2. It is the gameplay and content that count. What do you think?

David
Enlight
I think the game definitely needs a graphics update. I could pay for a new game with only new graphics and interface. Anyway, gameplay is surely more important in such a game, and I'm looking forward to hear from you about new features soon. Thanks for paying importance to user feedback.
titanicboy1

Post by titanicboy1 »

I think it would be cool to be able to acquire portions of a compitor rather than the whole company. For example only buying profitable retail stores & leave the money losing factories behind.
Kaku

Post by Kaku »

Hello David,

Great job. I love the idea of add on. Graphics dont matter much to me.
I am looking forward to the add on. Do you have a tentative date of release?

Thanks
ariesas

Post by ariesas »

Great idea David! i always wanted this feature. I also like your system very much. I think its a great idea that government would sell it's land through auctions. I don't know how this will be implemented but this is a brilliant idea!

Also, David, I would like to ask for few MAJOR things in this add-on. I don't think you need to completely change the graphics. All you need to make it scalable to current resolutions (1280x800), and maybe add some things like product sold spreadsheets instead of the graphs..

1.MORE EXCHANGE MARKETS -Id like to see Commodities exchange incorporated in this game. The prices would , for example, go lower if more mines are discovered, or if there is a cheap import. also include futures and options. (more possibilities - interest rates market(bonds), equity index market, weather product market)

2.BANK INDUSTRY-I also would like to see an ability to buy a bank. This would be really expensive, but it would let you to manually set the loan interest rate. Also please incorporate the fractional reserve banking idea. The reserves needed could change every 20-30 years or so, and would be a economic indicator just as interest rate by fed ( or central bank). Fed interest rates should be added as macro economic variable.

3.MORE INDUSTRIES -Cap2 addon to include some more industries - e.g. transport. for every transportation from farm to factory to supermarket player could choose which company to choose for transportation services, just like advertising! I think this would be easy too incorporate because no more 2d or 3d graphics should be added to the game, just economics engine updates and one or few windows for transportation services.

What about construction industry? This , as transport industry, would also not require any graphical updates just let a player to choose which construction company to choose from.. Later, the player could buy construction companies himself.

Insurance industry would also not require any graphical updates.. The player could choose to insure its farms, oils, or other buildings against loss or theft or fire for a monthly or yearly payment. Later in the game player could buy those firms too!

Utility services is also a possibility(electricity, gas, water, mobile and landine telephone, cable, internet).Player could choose whom to pay all the bills , but later in game player could buy utility companies and also control the utility markets. Also i think this would be a very interesting idea and would not require any 3d graphics updates.
Belen

Post by Belen »

Hi....
I love Capitalism 2 have been playing it for years just wondering is there going to be a Capitalism 3...i would b really interesting..... waiting for it............

Post by Otrex »

David, in case you missed this suggestion: Here is a way to have hundreds of products in Cap3.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59