Corporate Tax

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab

Should they add Corporate Tax into the Game?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 28

mrbcap
Level 2 user

Corporate Tax

Post by mrbcap »

Should they add Coporate tax into the game?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Corporate Tax

Post by David »

I have moved this topic to the Suggestions for City Simulation Features forum, as it belongs to the development scope of City Simulation enhancement where you may assume the role of mayor and set tax policies.
mrbcap
Level 2 user

Post by mrbcap »

David wrote:I have moved this topic to the Suggestions for City Simulation Features forum, as it belongs to the development scope of City Simulation enhancement where you may assume the role of mayor and set tax policies.
Well, if possible and if the community supports this, it should be implemented with or without the City Simulation Features.
David

Post by David »

The gameplay could be like this:

As a mayor, your tax policies will affect your city's attractiveness to AI companies. In essence, you are competing with other cities to get AI companies' investments in setting up new businesses, which will offer new employment opportunities and make your citizens happier.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

I am against any city sim features, in general. But, I am for adding corporate taxes to the normal game -- without a mayor :D . The tax rate should very from city to city. A realistic range would be from 13% to 35%

Anyway, mayor or not, okay for taxes!
mrbcap
Level 2 user

Post by mrbcap »

David wrote:The gameplay could be like this:

As a mayor, your tax policies will affect your city's attractiveness to AI companies. In essence, you are competing with other cities to get AI companies' investments in setting up new businesses, which will offer new employment opportunities and make your citizens happier.
It’s up to Enlight, but I don’t think you guys should be focusing on city sim features for now. Operating a business should stay the core of the game. More efforts should be made to enhance and optimize it. Capitalism has a lot of potential to grow.
David

Post by David »

Actually, we are currently only at the stage of gathering suggestions for city simulation features and haven't decided at moment if we are going to implement it or not, or when.

If taxes are to be implemented, it will be under the city simulation scope, as the same topic has been discussed internally regarding the city simulation.
Duckhunter

Post by Duckhunter »

I really like the idea of taxes as a whole. Especially if this could be different per city. Obviously, cities will try and attract your business by lowering taxes and this will influence where people build.
efyin

Post by efyin »

Taxes needs some sort of testing, as once you add taxes your overall profitability will go down.
Dav3
Level 3 user

Post by Dav3 »

I give this idea a thumbs up. But for fairness to other players it should be selectable in the menu if you want to start a game with or without taxes.