Possible land issue?

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Possible land issue?

Post by jondonnis »

So I build a building at the start of the game. Several years later I destroy said building but keep the land. Instead of the land saying how much I paid for it at original purchase, it appears to reflect a purchase value from when I destroy the building. Most of this land is currently showing a lose, yet a couple of squares next to it, on land I purchased at the beginning but never built on, has a massive profit gain.

Is this working as intended?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Possible land issue?

Post by David »

Did it happen like this all the times (the land value is always so low when the building was destroyed by fire)?
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Yes, further testing later on a warehouse I took down had same issue. This is with inflation on so not sure if that is what is affecting it.

To recreate the issue you can purchase land and run the game for a few years. Watch the land value increase but also shows the original purchase price. Then build something on it. Run for a while and then destroy/pull down said building (not due to fire just because building may not be making money). You'll see the purchase price of the land is now the same as the value price of the land. As if you've just purchased the land, which of course, you haven't.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Playing another game with inflation off and it's not doing it. Appears it may only do it when inflation is on.
David

Post by David »

This will be fixed in the next patch.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Sorry to be sceptical but when you say that, does that mean your team has discovered the bug and fixed it for next patch or you're just guessing it will be fixed in next patch?
David

Post by David »

The programmer has discovered the bug and has fixed it for next patch.