Suspicious Heinz Trades Before Takeover Spur SEC Lawsuit

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Re: Suspicious Heinz Trades Before Takeover Spur SEC Lawsuit

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

Any trades before a takeover are suspicious. Did you see anything unusual here, WilliamMGary?
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

The fact that they made a significant trade within hours of the announcement. The fact that there was no previous trade history from those buyers in the stock. The fact that they were overseas and reaped a big profit within a short amount of time, it seemed like they knew the investment was of little risk. I think it's worth looking into and the feds responded in the correct way.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

WilliamMGary wrote:The fact that they made a significant trade within hours of the announcement. The fact that there was no previous trade history from those buyers in the stock. The fact that they were overseas and reaped a big profit within a short amount of time, it seemed like they knew the investment was of little risk. I think it's worth looking into and the feds responded in the correct way.
Yea, I just figure that's nothing unusual. Just usually don't hear about it unless it's Martha Stewart.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Esoteric Rogue wrote:
WilliamMGary wrote:The fact that they made a significant trade within hours of the announcement. The fact that there was no previous trade history from those buyers in the stock. The fact that they were overseas and reaped a big profit within a short amount of time, it seemed like they knew the investment was of little risk. I think it's worth looking into and the feds responded in the correct way.
Yea, I just figure that's nothing unusual. Just usually don't hear about it unless it's Martha Stewart.
lol. Guess you've haven't been reading about SAC Capital Advisors and the insider trading lawsuits they've recently did on a number of managers and they're trying to nab Steven A. Cohen.
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

WilliamMGary wrote:lol. Guess you've haven't been reading about SAC Capital Advisors and the insider trading lawsuits they've recently did on a number of managers and they're trying to nab Steven A. Cohen.
I heard something, but no... I just assume everybody's an inside trader. :lol: Just a rule of thumb, like lawyers lie for the defense of their clients, and doctors lie for the peace of their patients.

And marketers lie for the sake of value.

And accountants lie for the sake of balance.

well, now I'm just making stuff up.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Esoteric Rogue wrote:
WilliamMGary wrote:lol. Guess you've haven't been reading about SAC Capital Advisors and the insider trading lawsuits they've recently did on a number of managers and they're trying to nab Steven A. Cohen.
I heard something, but no... I just assume everybody's an inside trader. :lol: Just a rule of thumb, like lawyers lie for the defense of their clients, and doctors lie for the peace of their patients.

And marketers lie for the sake of value.

And accountants lie for the sake of balance.

well, now I'm just making stuff up.
smh