Game Logic Exploits

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
sparqy

Game Logic Exploits

Post by sparqy »

I'm curious if anyone has stumbled upon, a couple tricks I like to play around with.

Trick #1
One, is to take a single item, and set it to the maximum price, and then create a long chain of factories, who's only job is to buy, inventory and sell that same item, increasing the unit price each time, past the typical price limit you're allowed to manually set

Each firm's "profit" gets summed up, and it will appear you have annual profits in the billions or even trillions with enough factories. However your real operating costs will show, and you will lose the cash as you build up the chain of factories. So as you build up the chain, you borrow against the profits, to maintain the operation costs.

When you feel you have high enough stock price, sell your personal shares (at the high rate) and then issue as many shares as you can to the general public to bring in LOTS of cash. Then you reverse the cycle, to show HUGE losses, and as the stock price goes down, you can just buy back the stock, and pay off the bank loans, and now your player is a trillionaire, lol

Trick #2
While the game is paused, if you buy/sell the same 5% of a company, while you own less then a controlling share, the price will always reduce a little, and so if you repeat this with just the first 5% of a target company, you will bring its price down, and then buy that 5% and repeat the process on the next block of 5% to bring the price down even further. At about 50% ownership, you need to buy>buy>buy because the same buy/sell logic will increase the price. You can take over ANY company with comparatively small amount of cash. Also, if that company has it's own cash, once you buy portion of the company, you can use its own cash to buy back the other shares.

Trick #3
'Company A' is your main company.
'Company B' and 'Company C' and 'Company D' are all random arbitrary companies
Your 'Company A' purchases controlling shares in 'Company B' and 'Company C'
'Company B' and 'Company C' are both used to buy up all the public shared of 'Company D'
'Company B' and "Company C' can now buy the shares from each other and raise the share price each time.
'Company B' and 'Company C' sell all their shares at the now extremely high price.
If you have high enough ownership in 'Company B' and 'Company C' you can repatriate the money into your primary 'Company A' with a merger.

Using Tricks #2, and #3, I've been able to buy out all competitors to 100%, and own my main company at 100%, from the very first day of the game start, while paused.