Sub merger with Sub-sub bug

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
counting
Level 8 user

Sub merger with Sub-sub bug

Post by counting »

I tried to merge one of my sub "Samural Trinity" with my sub-sub "Platinum Coil" (issuing shares or paying cash), and I got the InfoStock.cpp bug.

Also, I noticed the average cost of purchasing a stock is sometimes negative. In this case my sub "Samural Trinity" owns "Hexaturn Rotor" stock and its avg cost is ($348.55)

Running on 2.4.04D. The save file is attached and divided into 5MB of 2 parts using WinRAR 5.00
Attachments
COUN_013.part2.rar
(3.98 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
COUN_013.part1.rar
(5 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
Sub Sub-sub Merger bug.png
Sub Sub-sub Merger bug.png (905.31 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Sub merger with Sub-sub bug

Post by David »

I tested your save game using the latest v2.4.05 and executing the merger as you described in your post and the merger went through without any crashes. Please try the latest version 2.4.05 and see if it works for you too.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

No, the patch doesn't work, merger still causes the same error. And I've merge some other sub with my sub-sub, and it was fine. Just this particular merger is bugged.
David

Post by David »

We have just released another patch v2.4.05B which should have fixed the bug this time. Link: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=1786
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Ah... after I apply the patch it became ver 2.5.00 Beta ???

I can't load the save to test if it's fixed or not.
Attachments
2.5.00.jpg
2.5.00.jpg (317.74 KiB) Viewed 2370 times
David

Post by David »

We just fixed the wrong patch file. Please download it again at http://www.capitalismlab.com/capserver/ ... 052402.zip

This time it should load as v2.4.05B
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

It finally worked. :D Much gratitude.

After so many testing games for the warehouse Ponzi bug, I don't even remember what was I doing with my company back then. I guess scamming money and cooking the book are way too addictive. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Finally work.png
Finally work.png (327.93 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
David

Post by David »

After so many testing games for the warehouse Ponzi bug, I don't even remember what was I doing with my company back then. I guess scamming money and cooking the book are way too addictive.
:D
greene345
Level 3 user

Post by greene345 »

counting wrote:After so many testing games for the warehouse Ponzi bug, I don't even remember what was I doing with my company back then. I guess scamming money and cooking the book are way too addictive. :mrgreen:
Welcome to my world
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

greene345 wrote: Welcome to my world
Actually, I found an alternative way to scheme the warehouse in truly Ponzi style. Where you just need 3+ warehouses, and inflated the price circularly.

1. Warehouse #1 bought a product from any source, preferably with goods of high unit price and low freight cost, and set the price to max. Every warehouses should just have 1 input and 1 output.

2. Warehouse #2 bought from #1, #3 bought from #2, and so on to #n. Remember to disable automatic product linking.

3. Before its units are fully saturated, stop Warehouse #1 purchasing from source, and wait for its units to clear out every product.

4. Cancel the #1 output unit, so it's no longer selling. This will trigger the warning of next warehouse has no source. Ignored it for now, and just build a new output unit for warehouse #1. And link it's now free input unit to warehouse #n inflated product.

5. Go to the warning triggered warehouse. Its free to link to the new higher price output due to it no longer has input source. Automatically get an even higher price.

6. Just keep doing this when the triggered warning warehouse has cleared out its content, keep inflating the price. And you get a circular Ponzi scheme where you just need few warehouses to pull it off.
Ultimate cook book.jpg
Ultimate cook book.jpg (311.64 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
Although you don't actually gain any real cash doing this, but you don't need that many cash in reserve, since expenses are fairly limited, and a couple millions can keep you going for quite some time. You can inflate the profit exponentially if you make no mistake in creating the circular chain. The main source of income is to issue stock, since your stock price is so high, it only dilutes the share a little. More importantly don't be fooled by the huge cash increase periodically, it's just inventory paid before it is purchased by the next warehouse again. The number in the account is merely an illusion. :geek:
(I feel for the AIs who bought my stock :twisted: )
bankrupt explode.jpg
bankrupt explode.jpg (94 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
However, just like real life Ponzi scheme, the cash reserve will run out eventually in years. Also there is an upper limited for fundraising so you can no longer issue any stock, and to a point where exponentially increased price per piece will bankrupt you in one single warehouse transfer. It's a game of chasing your own tail, where you can not stop or you are broke. It will explode on your face spectacularly no matter what. But you can sold your shares when bankrupted, and be the richest man ever. 8-) . I guess that's how people get into jail with Ponzi schemes, and still be extremely rich. :mrgreen:
Attachments
bankrupt huge score.jpg
bankrupt huge score.jpg (197.7 KiB) Viewed 2355 times