Features unique and memorable in Capitalism series

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
louis1016

Re: Features unique and memorable in Capitalism series

Post by louis1016 »

The most unique and memorable experience to me is a negative one and that is with the Digital Age DLC in that it gives all companies immediate knowledge of desktop computers and software. Starbucks might have expertise in beverages but their real cash cow is antivirus software. BP might sell gas, but they're fiercely competing with McDonalds and Levi's Jeans in the Desktop Computer market.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Features unique and memorable in Capitalism series

Post by David »

louis1016 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:23 am The most unique and memorable experience to me is a negative one and that is with the Digital Age DLC in that it gives all companies immediate knowledge of desktop computers and software. Starbucks might have expertise in beverages but their real cash cow is antivirus software. BP might sell gas, but they're fiercely competing with McDonalds and Levi's Jeans in the Desktop Computer market.
I started a new game with Digital Age DLC enabled to test it and saw no AI companies having any advantages with desktop computer tech in the beginning of the game. You experienced a game which has that, please provide us with your save game for our investigation.

Likewise, I saw no AI companies with unfair advantages on software tech. The only tech with an initial value of 30 is the E-commerce tech, which is the same for all companies, including the player's company.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473