Subsidiary control - feature polls #2

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab

Close down or relocate your subsidiaries' firms (implemented)
9%
Put any of the firms of your subsidiaries on sale (implemented)
9%
Fire and hire CEOs of your subsidiaries. (implemented)
11%
New function for setting up private companies (implemented)
11%
Allow the player to bring a private company to IPO. (implemented)
10%
Let the player set up a new "Business Development Office" in the Headquarters, which allows for setting up a new private company. (implemented but in the Financial Action screen)
11%
The player must hire a new CEO for the new private company. (implemented)
9%
The number of private companies that the player can set up is limited by the number of external CEOs that the player can afford to hire. (implemented)
8%
There should be a minimum capital requirement for setting up a new private company (e.g. $50 million). (implemented)
10%
You can order two companies that you have over 75% shares to merge with each other. (implemented)
11%

Total votes: 212

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Here is the part 2 of the feature polls for the subsidiary control expansion pack.

Subsidiaries are those companies that you own more than 75% of the stock directly or via a holding company.

Please consider any side effects, drawbacks, or gameplay loopholes that may potentially occur when the player is given the power to control the subsidiaries.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: Subsidiary control - feature polls #2

Post by WilliamMGary »

"Sell land owned by your subsidiaries."

Can't we do this already? I just discovered this in my game and find it very helpful
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I've edited the poll and taken it out.
GiovanniMartin16

Post by GiovanniMartin16 »

Putting up Board of Directors in the company HQ will make the game more realistic. Most actions of the CEO need the approval of the Board. Although he may be a director and a majority shareholder, his actions are put in check by the Board if it be excessively for self-interest or not. Dividends, investor relations, and most company policies are actually under the control of the BOD.

So an in-game BOD will be made up of directors, which includes the player and several AIs (maybe 8 to 10?). The AIs may agree or disagree on the CEO's action based on their trust and satisfaction on the CEO. BOD directors are typically large shareholders (2% or more). We should include independent directors, too. :)

The management system NEEDS a major overhaul sir, if we want to help future managers out there to build their foundations with the help of CapLab. :D
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

GiovanniMartin16 wrote:Putting up Board of Directors in the company HQ will make the game more realistic. Most actions of the CEO need the approval of the Board. Although he may be a director and a majority shareholder, his actions are put in check by the Board if it be excessively for self-interest or not. Dividends, investor relations, and most company policies are actually under the control of the BOD.

So an in-game BOD will be made up of directors, which includes the player and several AIs (maybe 8 to 10?). The AIs may agree or disagree on the CEO's action based on their trust and satisfaction on the CEO. BOD directors are typically large shareholders (2% or more). We should include independent directors, too. :)

The management system NEEDS a major overhaul sir, if we want to help future managers out there to build their foundations with the help of CapLab. :D
I think there will be difficulties for BOD mechanism as you described above. First, players would probably get very annoyed by constant pop-up dialog windows for BOD decision making (as a default board member of their own company, and probably many more if they buy a lot of other corporations' stocks). Second, the BOD decision is about politics, which is a game theory problem, some pretty advanced AI scripts would be needed for AIs to behave realistically/naturally, otherwise the result would either full of exploit loopholes or too stubborn/rigid behaviors from AIs to make any BOD decision frustrated for human players.

This is a good concept, but IMO just not quite fit yet. Any new idea you think could make it work?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
ba127
Level 2 user

Post by ba127 »

Did any features related to starting a new company to serve as a subsidiary get implemented? I haven't yet had a chance to try the beta.

I didn't see it listed on the DLC website as a feature, though I thought I saw another post related to IPOs being in game but didn't see that listed either.

Echoing my other post, combining the ability to start new subsidiary (rather than going through the arduous process of buyouts) and then limit their focus to specific needs you have would be a really great gameplay combination (.. at least for me).
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

Maybe they could at least have a simple system where people could give AI characters a board member title with a few other features.

Board Members:
http://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5762