[MOD] REALWORLD 9.21 beta + EXTRA's by Piermario

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: [MOD] REALWORLD 7.02 by Piermario

Post by piermario »

Ciao!
Here's the full folder!
Enjoy...

http://www.filedropper.com/realworld702_1
iamihop

Post by iamihop »

Thanks, Piermario, you rock my socks!

I've been tweaking some of the balance on things, because I found that the addition of so many potential markets without increasing competition made things a little too easy. As a way of practicing/checking things out, I've also added a new Mega Class: Illicit Goods, currently sold at convenience stores (I imagine *behind* convenience stores).

For example,
Cannabis + Paper -> Joints (heavy supply quality emphasis)
Coca + Plastic -> Cocaine Bags
Aluminum + electronic components + glass -> Radar Jammer
Cotton + linen + dyes -> Counterfeit Bills (heavy tech quality emphasis)

Maybe at some point it'll be possible to add a "De-branding" unit, which makes products harder to track back to a multinational corporation (not that any corporation would ever get their hands dirty in secret, heh), and a new store: "False Front Store," or something. If you aren't careful, you could get discovered and your brand could take a hit (and you'd have to pay a settlement for breaking laws).

In case anyone's wondering, I'm not advocating the use of any of these products. The irony here is that I don't even drink alcohol or smoke, but you already added pretty much everything else. And as far as capitalism goes, where there's demand, there will be suppliers. :)

Sorry, kind of went off on a tangent, there. Piermario, you've added a huge amount of realism to the game. It's great! I know it must have taken some time.
czurcz
Level 2 user

Post by czurcz »

piermario wrote:Ciao!
Here's the full folder!
Enjoy...

http://www.filedropper.com/realworld702_1
excellent, piermario, excellent! :)
Greetz from Polska!
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

Piemario, thanks for sharing your work with us. I already looked through and found confirmation for my fears.

There's too many products that are not needed in the game or not properly balanced.
Let's look at the unneeded products.
Gloves. Their monthly market volume for a 5 million city is $3287. In my opinion they are unneeded both in real life and the game.
Maybe such small products should be put in bigger groups, for example in a product named "Kitchen tools" or something

Awfully balanced products.
Cat food. $23013??? C'mon, it should be 100 times higher!

Non-retail products.
A4 Sized paper. In my household a pack of paper is used maybe once every 3-4 years but in the office I use tons of it. Thus 1 million a month is kind of too small. If you add personal and work use, this number should be much higher
Asphalt. $135000 for a 5 million city... Ridiculous. But here at least I understand that non-consumer real-life products can have their place in your real life mod ;)

And that's just a first glance.

Anyway, I don't really know your main goal of your mod and cannot criticise you. That's a big work that should be supported as I am quite interested in the final product.

Cheers!

P.S. If you are interested in help, just drop me a line. My contact is in your inbox.
xg4m3r

Post by xg4m3r »

Not compatible with newest version 2.6.31
I can start a new game but I cannot load previously saved game (also with newest patch) :(
aadje93
Level 2 user

Post by aadje93 »

xg4m3r wrote:Not compatible with newest version 2.6.31
I can start a new game but I cannot load previously saved game (also with newest patch) :(
It is compatibile lol, but not backwards compatible with previous versions because there are new items :)
xg4m3r

Post by xg4m3r »

aadje93 wrote:
It is compatibile lol, but not backwards compatible with previous versions because there are new items :)

Not really, after updating, starting new game, saving and trying lo load it = fail
Even if I start a new game I cannot load it.
aadje93
Level 2 user

Post by aadje93 »

xg4m3r wrote:
aadje93 wrote:

Not really, after updating, starting new game, saving and trying lo load it = fail
Even if I start a new game I cannot load it.
7.02 works fine with latest patch for me, so its obviously a problem on your side, not the mod/game thats failing. Have you updated the game, using latest mod version?
xg4m3r

Post by xg4m3r »

After disabling the mod, game works fine. It must be something with mod.
aadje93
Level 2 user

Post by aadje93 »

xg4m3r wrote:After disabling the mod, game works fine. It must be something with mod.
As i said before allready, check your game install, is it version 31? (latest patch) i used version 30 installer and patched it to 31, using mod version 7.02 everything is working fine, no crash or anything so its definitly your game install or corrupt download of the mod.res

Try reinstalling the game (manually delete the install folder/game folder in my-documents) and use the version 30 installer to install the game. Then use the version 31 patch to "fix" it, download the mod again and everything should be working as expected :)