(MOD) REALWORLD 11.5 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) by Piermario

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.5 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) by Piermario

Post by moneytheory »

How do i turn off goals in the script? Also it is only showing 10 maps and not 15 maps. How do i get the rest of the maps to show up?
RAHULSHIMAR99

Post by RAHULSHIMAR99 »

so hey the links are dead for me could anyone post a link thanks
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

Ciao i fixed the link in https, now it works :mrgreen:
sofrade
Level 2 user

Post by sofrade »

I'm really confused about the Real World mods...

There is a "Real World" mod and a "Real World Service Edition" mod... Does the latter include the first? Could you please clarify the gap? I already read the website but it's not very clear to me. Also, there are so many articles about modding and each says something... I'm really confused. I would really like to have one place to consult and get everything I need (as in any documentation).

I also have another question : the Real World mod downloaded by the app does not include the DBF files (like Product_Types file, etc). What should I do to get those files ? I'm struggling to expand the busines because I need to know the freight cost in advance, to make better business decisions. From what I understood, the column FREIGHT in the Product_Types file represents the freight index, but how would I use it to make rough estimates of what to expect? Exporting a bottled milk can cost 1.00 (the freight is worth more than the production cost), so I need to know the formula that will allow me to know how to distribute my products and/or if I need to produce them locally.. Also, some cities are closer than others, so I need to know how to calculate these things... I spent a lot of time reading in the forum and the website, I also checked in the game, but couldn't find the information I need to take my decisions. So, I can't expand for now because that would be speculation. I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you so much for your help!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

There is a "Real World" mod and a "Real World Service Edition" mod... Does the latter include the first? Could you please clarify the gap? I already read the website but it's not very clear to me. Also, there are so many articles about modding and each says something... I'm really confused. I would really like to have one place to consult and get everything I need (as in any documentation).
Please read the following web page for more details:
https://www.capitalismlab.com/service-firms/
I also have another question : the Real World mod downloaded by the app does not include the DBF files (like Product_Types file, etc). What should I do to get those files ? I'm struggling to expand the busines because I need to know the freight cost in advance, to make better business decisions. From what I understood, the column FREIGHT in the Product_Types file represents the freight index, but how would I use it to make rough estimates of what to expect? Exporting a bottled milk can cost 1.00 (the freight is worth more than the production cost), so I need to know the formula that will allow me to know how to distribute my products and/or if I need to produce them locally.. Also, some cities are closer than others, so I need to know how to calculate these things... I spent a lot of time reading in the forum and the website, I also checked in the game, but couldn't find the information I need to take my decisions. So, I can't expand for now because that would be speculation. I would really appreciate your help.

Please see my reply about the freight costs in this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2027&p=38135#p38135
ifrietpani

Post by ifrietpani »

Hi,

I've got a questions concerning this mod. I can't get it to use the real city names that are in the MOD?
I have all DLC's and load the mod before starting up a game. I keep getting the orginal city names though. The rest of the MOD seems to be working fine.

Anyone has a clue what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
GnoSiS
Level 2 user

Post by GnoSiS »

Hiya,

I was watching DDRJakes Perfect market playthrouhg and he made a change to this mod to reduce global demand for products.

Has this change or somethign similar been included in the latest version of the mod or is this change still needed to be done manualy?
hwoodb1

Post by hwoodb1 »

Is there any way to turn OFF the real world custom corporate Logos? To not be forced to use one in a sandbox/custom game?
Gamechangernation
Level 3 user

Post by Gamechangernation »

Will There be an Update to this Mod to coincide with the New Release of the Version Installer Updates?
rzan

Post by rzan »

Hello all and Piermario,

Love the game, just discovered the realworld MOD (sorry Realworld newbie).
I noticed someting odd however, it seems the internal sale is calculated as pure profit.
For example, I start a grape farm, and R&D center and a wine factory. No sales yet in a supermarket. And I'm already making tons of profit and it keeps growing.
Without the realworld MOD I would be bankrupt in minutes.

Perhaps this was already mentioned in another thread.
P.S. I'm running Lab 9.0.23, Realworld 11.5 and typically play difficulty 5.

Hopefully this can be solved, it kinda takes the challenge out of it.

Many thanks!