Unable to relocate HQ via icon and can't buy CPU's buildings

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
baz
Level 4 user

Unable to relocate HQ via icon and can't buy CPU's buildings

Post by baz »

I'm unable to use the relocate button in the HQ to move it to somewhere else. I have to use the bulldozer icon and then build my HQ in another country. I can't seem to buy any CPU owned property for sale. Goverment buildings to farms, most of the boxes are yellow around the buy field, one was green but I can't buy them regardless as to how much money I have.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Unable to relocate HQ via icon and can't buy CPU's build

Post by David »

1) There was a bug with relocation and it has been fixed.

FYI, the game does not allow relocation to another city. Relocation is limited to the current city.

2) I have tested buying firms from AI and it worked fine.
baz
Level 4 user

Post by baz »

Thats fine, Will we be able to choose where to place the HQ as mine appeared automatically? Or does it appear in the first city that you build in?

I managed to move the HQ by bulldozing it and then building it, in another city. I guess that feature will stay the same, so you can relocate but by using that method instead?

2. I did manage to click and have an option to buy a store in the end. But not every store, TV, Radio station ect for sale. Is this subject to the amount of money you have firstly? As CAP 2 allowed you to bid on anything regardless of money? Why do some of the boxes have yellow around them and some have green?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Thats fine, Will we be able to choose where to place the HQ as mine appeared automatically? Or does it appear in the first city that you build in?
It appears in the first city. But you only get the HQ by default if you start a new game with High Macro Economy Realism setting.
You may see this page: http://www.capitalismlab.com/inflation.html
I managed to move the HQ by bulldozing it and then building it, in another city. I guess that feature will stay the same, so you can relocate but by using that method instead?
Yes, but it will be more costly, as you have to tear down the building and be charged with a new building cost.
2. I did manage to click and have an option to buy a store in the end. But not every store, TV, Radio station ect for sale. Is this subject to the amount of money you have firstly? As CAP 2 allowed you to bid on anything regardless of money?
Yes, this is subject to the amount of money you have firstly.
Why do some of the boxes have yellow around them and some have green?
Different colors for different types of firms, for telling the firm type more easily while you are browsing the firms with space key or up/down keys.