LabMANAGER - play multiple mods at the same time!

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
BioBiro
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

LabMANAGER - play multiple mods at the same time!

Post by BioBiro »

Hi, hi~!

I've made a tool which allows you to run as many Capitalism Lab mods as you like, all at the same time! It's called 'LabMANAGER'.

Current version: 1.3

Note: To merge mods, you need the source files of the mods. You cannot merge compiled mods. Once mods are compiled, there is no way to get the original files back to merge them.

How to use:
  1. Download the LabMANAGER.zip attachment from this post.
  2. Unzip (anywhere).
  3. Put your mods in the LabMANAGER\MODs folder.
  4. Run LabMANAGER.exe.
  5. Tick the mods you want to use.
  6. Click 'Apply' and wait for it to finish.
  7. Start Capitalism Lab, pick your mod from the MODs screen, and play!
Example:
I'm going to play the fandom mod, the arms industry mod, the Real World Australia Tech mod, and the regular Real World mod.

LabMANAGER has made the mod, and it's available in Capitalism Lab for me to pick.

Here you can see the merged mod in a new game. You can see the Pizzeria, Book Shop, and Bar from the regular Real World mod (along with the Canned Soup product in the news, plus companies such as Toshiba and AKAI), the Australian Jay Jays chain I'm playing as, Gandalf's Pipe from the fandom mod, and the Ammunition and Heavy Machine Gun products (for some reason sold to the public in a Department Store) from the arms industry mod.
Attachments
LabMANAGER 1.3.zip
(52.87 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
Last edited by BioBiro on Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
This user will not complain about the UI until 9th July 2020.
jiaozi

Re: LabMANAGER - play multiple mods at the same time!

Post by jiaozi »

666666 :lol:
Gamechangernation
Level 3 user

Post by Gamechangernation »

A few questions.....Do I unzip to Cap Lab? And where is the Mod folder located? I'm not too educated in computer workings. But if explained I am sure I can get it done. Thanx so much.
BioBiro
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by BioBiro »

jiaozi wrote:666666 :lol:
Thank you!
Gamechangernation wrote:A few questions.....Do I unzip to Cap Lab? And where is the Mod folder located? I'm not too educated in computer workings. But if explained I am sure I can get it done. Thanx so much.
Hi~! Sorry for the confusion.

You can unzip LabMANAGER anywhere.

Inside the ZIP archive there is a \MODs folder, like this:

Copy your mod sources into there, like this:

That's all you need to do! ;).

If you have any other problems, let me know and I'll help!
BioBiro
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by BioBiro »

I've released an update version, 1.1, attached to the top post, which features a few improvements:
  • Merges product customization images (\PRODUCT folder) (new feature of the Subsidiary DLC).
  • Merges Product_Tech.txt.
  • Cleans up after itself.
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

I couldn't get any mods to show up in the Lab Manger. I tried it with Real World and Cap World and none of them would show in the manager.
BioBiro
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by BioBiro »

moneytheory wrote:I couldn't get any mods to show up in the Lab Manger. I tried it with Real World and Cap World and none of them would show in the manager.
Hi~!

LabMANAGER only works with mod (decompiled) sources, not the compiled mods. Once the mods are compiled, there's no way to get the original files back to merge them.

You can get the source of the Real World mod in the author's post here, but the source of the Cap World mod isn't available at the moment.

If you want to merge the Cap World mod, you'll need the source files from the author.

Sorry~!

I'll update my top post to reflect this.
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

BioBiro wrote:
moneytheory wrote:I couldn't get any mods to show up in the Lab Manger. I tried it with Real World and Cap World and none of them would show in the manager.
Hi~!

LabMANAGER only works with mod (decompiled) sources, not the compiled mods. Once the mods are compiled, there's no way to get the original files back to merge them.

You can get the source of the Real World mod in the author's post here, but the source of the Cap World mod isn't available at the moment.

If you want to merge the Cap World mod, you'll need the source files from the author.

Sorry~!

I'll update my top post to reflect this.
Thanks BioBiro. Can you also look at incorporating scripts into your labmanager.
BioBiro
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by BioBiro »

moneytheory wrote:Thanks BioBiro. Can you also look at incorporating scripts into your labmanager.
AFAIK, you can run a script (such as the unlimited resources one) with a mod (such as Real World).

What specifically did you have in mind - a script editor/UI, a script merge feature (to resolve conflicts between multiple scripts), or something else?

I'll look into it ;).
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

BioBiro wrote:
moneytheory wrote:Thanks BioBiro. Can you also look at incorporating scripts into your labmanager.
AFAIK, you can run a script (such as the unlimited resources one) with a mod (such as Real World).

What specifically did you have in mind - a script editor/UI, a script merge feature (to resolve conflicts between multiple scripts), or something else?

I'll look into it ;).
To be able to run multiple scripts.