Seeking feedback

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Seeking feedback

Post by cantdownloadit »

I did the scraping technique and everywhere showed the same colour... except where I had already started building
welcome to manchester.jpg
welcome to manchester.jpg (884.29 KiB) Viewed 845 times
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Yes, just use the "retail store shadows" as markers to draw the border of higher land value and higher traffic index area, by directly looking at the "Select Building Location" window on the top left, when you choose a retail building hovering on the map, not actually building it. This way you can find "the center" of high land value zone roughly by judging the zone's ghost writing border.

But you have to do it before building anything. The point is to find the CBD which ghost writing as a tool, thus you can start the city near the CBD.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

when do I get my bank an stockmarket lol ?
Darcon
Level 2 user

Post by Darcon »

I am really enjoying this DLC. I especially enjoy the survival mode starting a city from scratch. As others have posted, CBD should be set by the player. Mayor can build stock market/bank. Could give it a population goal to unlock since small towns wouldn't have a CBD so to say. I love how the zoning works and would like to see the way you purchase real estate work in a similar manner. Also curious if it would be possible to enter values instead of using +/- for things like creating subsidiaries start up funds/injecting capital etc? Would much rather type in my amount than hold + down while small increments tick up.

One of the biggest things that has been around since original Cap2. Road grid block sizes and our inability to delete roads/rebuild them. My inner OCD goes crazy every time I'm building my cities with all the wasted tiles. I understand if the game may not support the ability to delete/rebuild roads to our liking. It would be wonderful if we could get some buildings that fill those awkward 2x2/1x1 gaps. New decorative buildings to satisfy sports/greenspace/culture desires would work nicely in those sizes. As it now I build a lot of tennis courts.

This problem seems even worse on a blank city where the grid is laid out with very small "blocks". I can't stand those blocks that are 1 tile taller and wider than a large factory so you end up with a weird L shaped 1x1 section of wasted tiles.

The AI CEO's of subsidiaries, despite having all "expand into..." options disabled still tries to build factories/farms for sub products. I typically set up a production company to build all the stuff and farm company to grow all the stuff. I don't want my production company building farms and disable all the expansion options. Despite this they will still build farms for those sub products.

A more centralized way to manage my real estate properties would be nice. Would also be nice to allow my subsidiaries to build on land owned by another sub or parent corp. Let the funds go to the corp that owns it. Would also be cool if we could section off a portion of land we own and offer it "for sale" so another company could buy it and build on it. Much like marking a building for sale. Would make being a real estate focused company a lot more interesting.

Not really related to this DLC, but since we're talking about new content. I'd love to have a way to give my employees stocks in the company. Hiring bonus/salary negotiations/outright gift etc. Could increase their opinion of you and expanding into this DLC could be used for political influence.

Really happy so far with the new game features and I've wanted to be able to start with a blank city since Cap2, so thank you for that.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Darcon wrote:I am really enjoying this DLC. I especially enjoy the survival mode starting a city from scratch. As others have posted, CBD should be set by the player. Mayor can build stock market/bank. Could give it a population goal to unlock since small towns wouldn't have a CBD so to say. I love how the zoning works and would like to see the way you purchase real estate work in a similar manner. Also curious if it would be possible to enter values instead of using +/- for things like creating subsidiaries start up funds/injecting capital etc? Would much rather type in my amount than hold + down while small increments tick up.

One of the biggest things that has been around since original Cap2. Road grid block sizes and our inability to delete roads/rebuild them. My inner OCD goes crazy every time I'm building my cities with all the wasted tiles. I understand if the game may not support the ability to delete/rebuild roads to our liking. It would be wonderful if we could get some buildings that fill those awkward 2x2/1x1 gaps. New decorative buildings to satisfy sports/greenspace/culture desires would work nicely in those sizes. As it now I build a lot of tennis courts.

This problem seems even worse on a blank city where the grid is laid out with very small "blocks". I can't stand those blocks that are 1 tile taller and wider than a large factory so you end up with a weird L shaped 1x1 section of wasted tiles.
I actually like how I need to think about where to build which buildings with limited sized block, sort like a puzzle game in itself.
Darcon wrote: The AI CEO's of subsidiaries, despite having all "expand into..." options disabled still tries to build factories/farms for sub products. I typically set up a production company to build all the stuff and farm company to grow all the stuff. I don't want my production company building farms and disable all the expansion options. Despite this they will still build farms for those sub products.

A more centralized way to manage my real estate properties would be nice. Would also be nice to allow my subsidiaries to build on land owned by another sub or parent corp. Let the funds go to the corp that owns it. Would also be cool if we could section off a portion of land we own and offer it "for sale" so another company could buy it and build on it. Much like marking a building for sale. Would make being a real estate focused company a lot more interesting.
This is the problem with Subsidiary DLC, not the new City Economic Simulation DLC though. And I think AI build upstream firms have something to do with "Backward Integration" setting enabled or slide bar set too high (it would try to build vertically). Also to make sure the upstream companies' farms output is set to group, and integrated into downstream company warehouses, and check prefer warehouse over factories.
Spac3y
Level 4 user

Post by Spac3y »

Darcon wrote:

Darcon, I was trying to think how to word that very issue, and you have actually put it down exactly as I see it. Being able to amend the grids (delete and read the roads) would be fantastic. Im with you, when you think you have enough room in a block and put something down and you only have 1 square width that will only fit in a landmark, or the 2 square commercial building.

This is defiantly something Id like to see and +1 on the suggestion :)
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

1 x 2 apartment blocks and 1 x 2 commercial buildings would make me happy to fill in the wasted space.

(I know there is 1 x 2 commercial facing 1 way, but needs a horizontal and a vertical version).

Also how about hotels... then they could use the airport building in game to bring in tourists (depending on funding level) who shop in your stores, visit your landmarks and make you tax dollars... yay
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

cantdownloadit wrote:1 x 2 apartment blocks and 1 x 2 commercial buildings would make me happy to fill in the wasted space.

(I know there is 1 x 2 commercial facing 1 way, but needs a horizontal and a vertical version).

Also how about hotels... then they could use the airport building in game to bring in tourists (depending on funding level) who shop in your stores, visit your landmarks and make you tax dollars... yay
Shouldn't we already be able to add different sized building with modding? I saw there are width and height in buildings.dbf. I wonder how many mods added weird size buildings already.
munosonto

Post by munosonto »

I have big issues with real estate. If supply/demand gets screwed just 1 milimeter to supply side all buildings go to 0% vacancy. Its impossible to make anything with that. Also, whatever I zone, AI doesnt care, it builds mansions (and doesnt start factories or farms at all) wherever.

Would be nice if we could also build/delete roads.

In this version, I have a feeling that subsidiary company doesnt work good at all, it would be a lot better if your subsidiary ceo actually did a lot of expansion. I end up with building starting stores for it (since it doesnt start business by itself most of time but just sits there on pile of cash) and it often ends with those stores too. Maybe the reason is that I leave all production options enabled? It would be interesting if we could choose for example for company to develop its own brands etc, something where ceos would run r&d centers more often.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

If supply/demand gets screwed just 1 milimeter to supply side all buildings go to 0% vacancy.
Could you elaborate what you meant with the above statement? I do not quite understand it.
Also, whatever I zone, AI doesnt care, it builds mansions (and doesnt start factories or farms at all) wherever.
1) Were you using the latest version 4.2.05?

2) Could you please provide us with your save game file for investigation?

You may email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.