Seeking feedback

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
munosonto

Re: Seeking feedback

Post by munosonto »

My version is 4.2.01 will upgrade to latest.

With real estate (but its .01 version), for example, I choose already built town at start and it needs commercial buildings since it has none. I build a couple of them and their occupancy immediately goes high, then competitor builds a couple of commerical buildings and occupancy in entire city goes to either 0% or less then 10%. This happens on residential buildings too, so you have some 100% full buildings, then if you build a couple of more and supply/demand is now on supply side, some buildings go to 0% occupancy.

Will upgrade to new version to see if it will still happen.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

munosonto wrote:My version is 4.2.01 will upgrade to latest.

With real estate (but its .01 version), for example, I choose already built town at start and it needs commercial buildings since it has none. I build a couple of them and their occupancy immediately goes high, then competitor builds a couple of commerical buildings and occupancy in entire city goes to either 0% or less then 10%. This happens on residential buildings too, so you have some 100% full buildings, then if you build a couple of more and supply/demand is now on supply side, some buildings go to 0% occupancy.

I loaded your save game. The occupancy rate is dropping because the commercial buildings are oversupplied in your game. See the graph in the below screenshot.
Attachments
oversupply.jpg
oversupply.jpg (344.72 KiB) Viewed 723 times
David

Post by David »

I loaded your save game. The occupancy rate is dropping because the commercial buildings are in oversupply in your game. See the graph in the below screenshot.
Attachments
oversupply.jpg
oversupply.jpg (344.72 KiB) Viewed 723 times
munosonto

Post by munosonto »

Hi David, thank you for answer. I see your logic, then issue is that when you click on building, supply demand ratio is not shown as good as on screen on city details. But still, look in my saved game how fast it changes for competitors rent attractivness, if you put gameplay speed to 5, then it changes competitors buildings each 2 seconds from very attractive to not attractive at all. Still, in this version is not as big issue as it was in .01 version.
David

Post by David »

We will try to further improve it in the next version.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

David wrote:

I loaded your save game. The occupancy rate is dropping because the commercial buildings are in oversupply in your game. See the graph in the below screenshot.
I am just curious, how can the annual immigration be negative 89 in the last screenshot. Shouldn't it be 89 emigrants and immigrants be 0?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
klasanov
Level 4 user

Post by klasanov »

So far im on year 2005 or so and have built up one of my cities to a population of 650,000. Massive deficit but gdp is on the rise. I have been privatizing residential and using the funds to fuel further election races. So far these have been easy since the AI isnt contributing to their party for elections.

My beverage company has failed the tech advamtage currently because of poor city competitiveness in the past (before it was way too easy), but its nice to hope to see it change soon.

Im also using a script that inflates tech prices by 400% . Ive always thought acquisition prices were too low. Difficulty is around 289% and indlation is low.

Overall im enjoying the dlc. Demand coincides with population and its nice to be starting with a small nation rather than random cities that are supposed to represent economic centers. This is ore along the lines now of parrician 3 where you need to grow a city in order to really get rich.

I would like to see city competitiveness rating open up an export marker. My city, powdersville, has competitvemess pf 100 with beverages. So it exports these even though i dont make beverages there. I would like to see options for my company to have a factory that exports to a global market. I mean i like the national level more (much more personal feeling to it) but running a small corporation as opposed to one that rakes in hundreds of millions per tear tales away a thing for me (unless i just need to play the slpw game and be mayor of everywhere and then expamd the cities until metropoli like in the illuminati or something).

Overall im loving it
munosonto

Post by munosonto »

David wrote:We will try to further improve it in the next version.
Cool, also it would be cool to add agressivnes level of CEOs that run our subsidiaries. Just an idea.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

munosonto wrote:
David wrote:We will try to further improve it in the next version.
Cool, also it would be cool to add agressivnes level of CEOs that run our subsidiaries. Just an idea.
I thought different persons already have different characters with different level of aggressiveness. I think they can range from conservative, moderate, aggressive, to very aggressive, and the higher the "competitor aggressiveness" in game setting the wider the range.
Attachments
Persons Character.jpg
Persons Character.jpg (204.4 KiB) Viewed 695 times
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
klasanov
Level 4 user

Post by klasanov »

I would like to see the AI play more invovement in politics. I am going to be mayor of 6 cities because no one runs against me. They run out of funds while im able to field hundreds of millions through various corporations. Its really no contest