Nerfing Exploits

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
Zhall
Video Contributor
Video Contributor

Nerfing Exploits

Post by Zhall »

I assume that the whole take out max loan, spend everything on training (crashing your stock price), buy up 100% of your company, pay back loan/max investor relations/pay 100% dividend to yourself strategy will be nerfed out in Capitalism Lab?

The capitalism 2 campaign boiled down to this rinse and repeat measure, might I add that the last mission is by far the easiest in the whole game due to this.

Additionally I always find myself setting retail prices to $0.00, glitching their demand, and instantly turning a profit.

Seems like a rather cumbersome task to revitalise Capitalism 2.. Good luck :D
Bigs
Level 2 user

Re: Nerfing Exploits

Post by Bigs »

Hey zhal.
As an old player of the capitalism series, I'm well aware of these exploits.
And as an avid player of this game, I choose not to use them, since they tend to ruin my gameplay.

I don't know about you, but I try to make the competition as hard as possible, and try different ways to make the game harder to beat instead of allways going for the easy route. Since it's only a game, I can afford to oversee it's limitations, and try to make it more interesting within the limits of the game.

If you limit yourself to just beating the game mechanics, I think you're using too much effort into something that's not worth it. The world of games is built on imagination. Learn to use it, and you open up a world of fun.

Sincerely, my intention is not to critisize you in any way, only to point you to a different way to see things. I really hope you find a way to play the game in a way that entertains you. It's truly what games are for anyway.
Cor

Post by Cor »

I am more worried about buying the media outlets for free advertising. It seems broken to me.
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

its not free advertising, since the media company has to spend money on "content" to keep the ratings up. If you dont spend money the rating will drop cus other media companies do spend money on content. This will result in your advertising your products having less and less effect, which in return will cut down your revenue.

So buying up a media company is just like a store, you have to spend to create a higher revenue and make a profit.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

The biggest exploit that I've tried in CapLab more as a test than to actually use it is...

I start the game and I buy up a couple of companies stocks when they are still below $10.00/share. Then stick the game on fast forward speed 5 and just wait.

Almost always the stocks go up and I can make a few hundred million dollars to then start my game by selling off those stocks that I bought. The couple times that I've done this I sit and watch the market to see if anybody that I bought is not going up, in which case they got sold right away, more times than not the stocks all go up super high some of them into the several thousands of dollars per share and as you can imagine you make quite the amount of money when this happens and you sell off all of their stock.

Some people will argue that this is legitimate game play (stock market game play) but I argue that it's really not with the way that Cap Labs works it's far too easy to just pick out a couple of companies as they almost always go up so there is no real losing to doing this and if there were, you'd just start over and retry and likely get a few hundred million or a billion or more depending on how you do it.

I honestly don't suspect that "exploits" like these would be nerfed out as it would likely hurt the overall game play of Cap Labs if they had to do something to try to prevent the player from doing this, it would likely affect how the player uses the stock market overall and the stock game play would suffer overall.

Best thing is to just not use the exploits if you don't want to. I know that's hard for some people, there are quite a few games that I play that are single player games and the players complain that they want some exploit removed from the game even though it's actually their choice whether or not they use the exploit but it seems some players can not stop themselves from using exploits so they need the developers to remove the exploits to prevent the player from using them. I just say stop using the exploit instead of relying on the developers to spend precious money and time trying to remove them in single player games.
Zhall
Video Contributor
Video Contributor

Post by Zhall »

Oh man even better...

Buy up all companies at start... 75% stock purchase*

Wait 10-20 years for all the companies to grow, then merge with all of them...

Bam, you own everything!