small bugs/annoyances

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

small bugs/annoyances

Post by WilliamMGary »

Below is a little venting and reporting of bugs

1. I have sub CEO everytime I build a second mixer factory that is needed he closes the one and sometimes all of them when there's actual demand
2. The Person Report > Wealth total doesn't include the manshion wealthin the total
3. When in a subsidiary firm and go to the product selection window and press F4 it selects the company directly underneath the sub company that has (F4) next to it.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: small bugs/annoyances

Post by eleaza »

WilliamMGary wrote: 1. I have sub CEO everytime I build a second mixer factory that is needed he closes the one and sometimes all of them when there's actual demand
Did you uncheck the "Close down unprofitable firms", and "Sell factory "internal sale" product at cost"? So either the subsidiary factory can make a profit in the long run, or don't get closed down?
WilliamMGary wrote: 2. The Person Report > Wealth total doesn't include the manshion wealthin the total
I never notice that, since I rarely build mansion when my personal cash is low (unless it's about buying on-sale AI mansions to open up more space, and they get destroyed immediately anyway), and when I do have them just for the giggle in the late game, they consist only a very tiny fraction of the total wealth, don't even register to the 10s or hundreds of billions wealth I owned.
WilliamMGary wrote: 3. When in a subsidiary firm and go to the product selection window and press F4 it selects the company directly underneath the sub company that has (F4) next to it.
This is an interesting bug, never use hotkey for my sub's stores. But this misalignment might explain an earlier issue where it sometimes seem to click on a target, but end up click on the slot below the intended target.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

I'm trying to start using hot keys to try and make some management easier.
Did you uncheck the "Close down unprofitable firms", and "Sell factory "internal sale" product at cost"? So either the subsidiary factory can make a profit in the long run, or don't get closed down?
I just looked at #1 Mixer factory and the utilization rate is low so I it seems the CEO is saying hey you not even utilizing the first factory why should we pay for the operation of the 2nd one. I checked the other factories that he doesn't care about and their manufacturing utilization is at 100% so working as intended. The CEO is helping me.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

WilliamMGary wrote:
I just looked at #1 Mixer factory and the utilization rate is low so I it seems the CEO is saying hey you not even utilizing the first factory why should we pay for the operation of the 2nd one. I checked the other factories that he doesn't care about and their manufacturing utilization is at 100% so working as intended. The CEO is helping me.
Sometimes Subsidiaries are quite smart, but other times they are just kinda stupid or simply annoying. However, most of time there's a work around.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

3. When in a subsidiary firm and go to the product selection window and press F4 it selects the company directly underneath the sub company that has (F4) next to it.
I tested it and it correctly selected the subsidiary, which is what the F4 hotkey is intended for. Do you have a screenshot to illustrate the problem you encountered more clearly?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

David wrote:
I tested it and it correctly selected the subsidiary, which is what the F4 hotkey is intended for. Do you have a screenshot to illustrate the problem you encountered more clearly?
I have a save has the exact same bug. I think it only happens when subsidiaries are listed right next to each other on the list
F4 selection bug.jpg
F4 selection bug.jpg (259.57 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
Both Red Watcher and Golden Research are my subsidiaries. In any of the retail store of Red Watcher, press F4, it goes to Golden Research instead of Red Watcher. Obviously the game won't show this list using hotkeys but directly show the products (if any), so if there are multiple subsidiaries producing products that can be sold in the same type of retail store, it's easily to get confused.
EILA_053.zip
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
BTW, how about the personal wealth issue? Mansions should be excluded from personal wealth? It's not a big deal in grand scheme of things, and some of the wealth can be recovered when demolishing or selling these mansions. But is there any reason to exclude them in the first place?

And the ai_rd.cpp bug donaciello reported, it's breaking the late game in the released core game (probably with subsidiaries DLC during subsidiary tech trading). However not sure if it has been fixed or not since the saved game itself is played with older 3.4.17 version. However when I used 3.5.13 to load the save game, still triggered the same crash.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =13&t=3834
David

Post by David »

I have a save has the exact same bug. I think it only happens when subsidiaries are listed right next to each other on the list
This bug will be fixed in the next patch v3.5.14.
BTW, how about the personal wealth issue? Mansions should be excluded from personal wealth? It's not a big deal in grand scheme of things, and some of the wealth can be recovered when demolishing or selling these mansions. But is there any reason to exclude them in the first place?
This bug will also be fixed in the next patch v3.5.14.
And the ai_rd.cpp bug donaciello reported, it's breaking the late game in the released core game (probably with subsidiaries DLC during subsidiary tech trading). However not sure if it has been fixed or not since the saved game itself is played with older 3.4.17 version. However when I used 3.5.13 to load the save game, still triggered the same crash.
I loaded the save game with the latest version and ran it for several months and no bug occurred. So it should have been fixed.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

David wrote:
I loaded the save game with the latest version and ran it for several months and no bug occurred. So it should have been fixed.
I've update to 3.5.14, and it still does happen for me at least.

This is the closest I ran to reach the bug, it should trigger the crash in the next 2 tick. At least 3 times out of 3 for me.
https://openload.co/f/cVwkRgTjf2A/WOUT_005.SAV
David

Post by David »

We have got this bug fixed in the latest patch v3.5.15.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

This bug seems to be fixed in 3.5.15 :)