Capitalism 2 video

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.

Would you be interested in creating videos for Capitalism 2?

Interested
14%
Not interested
29%
Not sure
57%

Total votes: 7

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism 2 video

Post by David »

We have been thinking about creating a new section on the Cap2 web site allowing users to share videos of their playing Cap2.

Here is one I came across at YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-f8H2NTBa8

We also received a suggestion of organizing a contest for user created videos that tell the story of building their empires in Cap2. The videos may have narrative voice-over describing important events of the player's business.

Do you like this idea?
ajpiper2k
Level 2 user

Re: Capitalism 2 video

Post by ajpiper2k »

David wrote:We have been thinking about creating a new section on the Cap2 web site allowing users to share videos of their playing Cap2.

Here is one I came across at YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-f8H2NTBa8

We also received a suggestion of organizing a contest for user created videos that tell the story of building their empires in Cap2. The videos may have narrative voice-over describing important events of the player's business.

Do you like this idea?
David,

I took the time to review some of the other chat rooms on this game (as I'm sure you did) and I saw a few different flavors of information. Sure, you find people not happy about the AI. You also find a lot of hints about how to beat the AI and find success in the game.

What I found most interesting on these sites was hearing about how different people are finding different ways to define success while playing the game. For example, I always try to build a company that makes $4 billion in profit. Other people are trying to build smaller companies with different models such as only supplying goods to compeitive companies to sell. This gives the game new life.

I also feel there is room to teach people different advanced techniques for solving specific problems. For example, most people don't realize that you can use a factory as a distribution center for your farms to ensure a stable crop or supply of raw materials for your factories. You may want to consider hosting a few topics around these ideas where you can keep the content more focused and encouraging.

I'm not sure users would find videos as valuable as the chat room format. Perspective buyers would benefit from a flash video giving an overview of the game. But, getting your hands dirty requires a lot of time and detail that may not be best suited for a video format.

Hope this helps.