CEO does nothing

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
Purifier
Level 4 user

Re: CEO does nothing

Post by Purifier »

I too have the same problem, CEO's of subsidiaries not expanding or not doing anything.
The first Sub i created (Valve) started building some factories and started some shops. But after that even with money injections it did not expand. The factories were to small to provide the shops demands, the CEO did not building new or bigger factories (i did that myself after waiting to see if somethign happened) even opened up a E-Commerce building (of which i took control, so the CEO does not mess up that aswell)

The 2nd Sub (Metro) had an initial injection of 500M but did absolutly nothing (areas to focus on are Electronic equip and household equipment). I had to start up the factories myself and setup shops, which i even had to populate with the 2 products.

Im using CabLab version 5.7.11 with RealWorld mod V11.34 FULL (all 3 DLC are on) and a custom script (i dont think you need that for the savegame to work right ?)
Please take a look and let me know if there is something i did wrong :)

The save game (zipped) is to large to upload here (29mb) so here is the download link to de GoogleDrive location: Please note you will get an error saying there is no preview of the file (because its a zip file), disregard that and just click the download button.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dR1k5 ... ERVoYSTVFv
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I will forward your save game file to the programmer for investigation.
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

Hi David :)

Any news from the programmers ?
David

Post by David »

It is in the queue. 8-)
David

Post by David »

Have you tried allowing the CEO to produce more product classes, rather than limiting the Scope of Production to a few selected product classes?
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

yes i did, yet they still do not expand. I also altered some of their management sliders (like backward integration and supply tolerance) and even added Expand areas like Real Estate (every city in the game still has higher demand then supply on Office buildings).

They basicly act like my own COO who is running my retail stores, they manage what they have (if they even are) and do not do anything else :(
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

Some more info which might help you guys:

I took over (+50% shares) of the Airbus company (see my savegame) and it stopped expanding its business aswell. Same goes for Volkswagen which i took over as Chairman as person (so not as company), Volkswagen went on only buying back its own stock from the AI.

All these companies have several hunderds of millions in cash and (very) positive profits, so that cant be a reason for not expanding.

My guess (since its the best corrolation between starting the Subs and taking over the companies), is that the expansion rules/actions or (game)coding orso isis connected to the Chairman and not (also) the CEO.

If you want i can supply a new savegame of the same game, its several years in the future compared to the earlier supplied savegame, maybe your colleagues can use those 2 saves to see references orso ?
Berbe
Level 3 user

Post by Berbe »

Your description of the AI giving the impression of 'stopping to play' once under player control sounds very familiar.
Dav3
Level 3 user

Post by Dav3 »

Berbe wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:28 pm Your description of the AI giving the impression of 'stopping to play' once under player control sounds very familiar.
I have seen the same after acquiring more than 50% of a firm that they kinda stop expanding or doing anything. Any ideas why @David ?
David

Post by David »

Hi Purifier,

The programmer told me that the AI code should function normally when an AI company became your subsidiary.

Here is the testing that I have done with your savegame:
I loaded your game and enabled all the product categories in the Scope of Production page, than ran it from 25 Nov 2018 until 11 March 2019.

And the AI has set up new firms as you could see in the attached screenshots.
Attachments
CEO2.jpg
CEO2.jpg (58.33 KiB) Viewed 6091 times
CEO1.jpg
CEO1.jpg (69.1 KiB) Viewed 6091 times