Advertising choice bug?

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
traderjb

Advertising choice bug?

Post by traderjb »

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or something, but when I pick from tv or newspaper or radio in a city, it seems to default to something else. Example, in one city one of my firms was going to advertise on the local television because it had a higher rating, yet for some reason the media choice kept going to newspaper. Anyone else experience this? If so, is this a known glitch or something or is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance. You folks at Capitalism Lab and all you modders are doing a fantastic job!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Advertising choice bug?

Post by David »

I tested it by picking an advertising media for my retail store and didn't encounter the issue you described.

Would you please describe the exact steps for replicating the issue?
traderjb

Post by traderjb »

Thanks for getting back to me. Sure thing, it happens on two instances.

Instance 1: I set up a supermarket and link my meat farms' products (i.e. pork, frozen beef, etc) and then in the center I have the marketing department linking to the sales sections of the shop. Linking to a media firm, I'll click on the one with the highest rating, say for example a radio station. But, what happens then is that after just linking it changes to another media firm automatically! I have unlinked and relinked to the firm of my choice yet still it happens again. I've even deleted the marketing box and put it back and the same thing happens again.

Instance 2: Now this may come off as odd or stupid, but I like to create a "marketing firm" using warehouses since I don't know if we have a marketing firm already or if I'm supposed to use another type of building. In essence, I like to boost my brands using this and the marketing unit in my retailers or factories, for some this may be excessive or redundant, especially if your corporation has many products. Anyhow, I'll set up my "marketing company" with the layout having the Input or inputs, a unit or units for inventory and 3 or so marketing units for each media firm (3 prior to Digital Age DLC). I want to make sure that my brands get the exposure I'm hoping they're getting. Well linking each marketing unit the same thing happens, I'll click on one of each media firm but then the marketing units will revert to only one type of media firm.
David

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The name of the firm which is having the problem.
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
traderjb

Post by traderjb »

Thank you so much, I'll get right on this!
David

Post by David »

I loaded your save game and set up an advertising link in one of your supermarket and let the game run for a couple months. The advertising remained intact and no problems were found. Please see the attached screenshot.

If you still encounter the problem, could you please provide the exact steps for replicating the problem (which supermarket and which media firm I should link to) in your save game?
Attachments
advertising.jpg
advertising.jpg (624.82 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
traderjb

Post by traderjb »

Greetings, my apologies for the late reply. It seems that my version was behind and after a patch (which in hindsight I should have done to begin with), everything is working fine. Thank you again for taking the time to help me. Keep up the good work, you folks are fantastic!