Food and Beverage MOD contest

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Food and Beverage MOD contest

Post by David »

Food Mod Contest

We are happy to present the Capitalism Lab Food and Beverage modding contest.

Contest Rules:

Create a mod focusing on food and beverage that contains at least 50% of the food and beverage items in the attached list.

Submit your food mod by posting it on this forum, indicating that you are submitting it for the food and beverage mod contest.

Once we have received your submission, we will create a poll on this forum letting users vote for your mod. The votes will be simply: 1) I like this mod. 2) I do not like this mod.

Submission deadline: 31 Dec 2019

Prize:

A cash prize of $200 for any mod that has received at least 20 user approval votes.

A maximum of 2 prizes of $200 will be awarded.

For the first mod that wins the prize, additional $100 will be rewarded, for a total of $200+$100 = $300 for the first winner.

The prize will be rewarded within one month after a submitted mod has met the winning criteria. If no mod has ever received the required 20 user approval votes, Enlight may still declare a winner, at its own discretion, should it decide that a mod's quality is good enough for the user community.

Payout method:

The winner may elect to receive the cash prize via PayPal or via Steam Wallet if you don’t have a PayPal account (https://store.steampowered.com/digitalg ... ctgiftcard)

You may also choose to convert part of the cash prize into Capitalism Lab keys for potentially greater income.
For details, please see the Capitalism Lab key reseller program at: https://www.capitalismlab.com/resell_caplab_keys/

If you have any questions or suggestions about the contest, please feel free to post here.
Attachments
Food and Beverage MOD farm products.rar
(21.76 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Food and Beverage List.zip
(20.09 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Brain
Level 3 user

Re: Food and Beverage MOD contest

Post by Brain »

Hi,

I was looking into this, and have a modding question. Most of these products would be relatively low priced in the stores, but I am not sure what the exact relation is between the table columns PRICE and FREIGHT. For example chocolate bars, in R/L if I would by a cardbord box full of chocolate bars that I would sell for 1.50 each, the box would likely have 100 items, and I would probably pay about 1.10 per piece, so lets say $110 in total and about $10 in freight, considering purchased in a local factory. How would that be mapped on the FREIGHT column? And when I would order a box with 12 bottles of wine, purchase price $12/bottle - 144$/box, shipping $15, what would the FREIGHT value be?

Cheers
Brain
David

Post by David »

Hi Brain,

I would suggest that you set the freight variable in the DBF file to 100 for the products, then check the actual freight costs in the game. Then set the freight variable to 50 for the same products and start a game with similar setting and set up similar freight distance, and then check the freight cost again. By comparing the two cost figures, you may get more concrete ideas about its effect.

David
Brain
Level 3 user

Post by Brain »

Are you aware of that some of the product names in your contest do not fit into the dbf file format allowing only 21 characters?

Which brings me into one of my feature wishes. Can you please (pretty please with cherry on top) migrate from Dbase III file format into something more twenty-first century? Even plain CSV would be more convenient.
Also It seems to me that the current concept only allows to play one mod at a time? That means if you want to play two mods you probably have to manually merge DBF files on your own?
David

Post by David »

Are you aware of that some of the product names in your contest do not fit into the dbf file format allowing only 21 characters?
Please feel free to modify the product names to fit within the limit.
BioBiro
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by BioBiro »

Brain wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:13 amWhich brings me into one of my feature wishes. Can you please (pretty please with cherry on top) migrate from Dbase III file format into something more twenty-first century? Even plain CSV would be more convenient.
OOC, I've always wondered if there's a story behind why the dBASE format was used in CapLab. Presumably it was chosen during development of Capitalism 2, rather than Capitalism Lab, but even in 2000 it was over 10 years old and a proprietary format, which made it a very strange choice. Maybe it was a favourite of Trevor Chan or something? :?

Brain wrote:Also It seems to me that the current concept only allows to play one mod at a time? That means if you want to play two mods you probably have to manually merge DBF files on your own
I wrote a tool a couple of years ago that does that. It didn't really catch-on and probably isn't compatible with the latest Digital Age DLC changes.
This user will not complain about the UI until 9th July 2020.
David

Post by David »

I have added the file Food and Beverage MOD farm products.XLS to the original post. It contains the farm products that are required for producing food and beverage products. Please view the original post on this thread and you will find it available for download as the second attachment of the post.
David

Post by David »

Brain wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:36 am Hi,

I was looking into this, and have a modding question. Most of these products would be relatively low priced in the stores, but I am not sure what the exact relation is between the table columns PRICE and FREIGHT. For example chocolate bars, in R/L if I would by a cardbord box full of chocolate bars that I would sell for 1.50 each, the box would likely have 100 items, and I would probably pay about 1.10 per piece, so lets say $110 in total and about $10 in freight, considering purchased in a local factory. How would that be mapped on the FREIGHT column? And when I would order a box with 12 bottles of wine, purchase price $12/bottle - 144$/box, shipping $15, what would the FREIGHT value be?

Cheers
Brain
Brain, I was wondering if you have decided to work on this mod?
Brain
Level 3 user

Post by Brain »

Hi,

I am done with about 60% of the DBF files, not started with images yet.
Last edited by Brain on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
David

Post by David »

Brain wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:54 pm Hi,

Ia am done with about 60% of the DBF files, not started with images yet.
Great progress!