Limited AI

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
asc2

Limited AI

Post by asc2 »

Far too limited AI
1. I'm trying to setup a retail subsidiary selling gas, this ended in failure because the AI does not understand, does not start own retail store, when given a store does not fill up all slots
2. When setting up own store, use COO, its the same behavior, AI is very slow to fill up the slots to sell item if at all
3. Unable to setup partial supply chain to take advantage of subsidiary CEO with skill, example a mining subsidiary to CEO with high level raw material, this does not work because the subsidiary does not setup mines, when a mine is given, other subsidiary does not buy from even with group checked

What exactly is the AI good for?
asc2

Re: Limited AI

Post by asc2 »

I find retailing too much work and is very suitable for the AI but I don't even want to setup retail store, i'd rather the AI setup retail store and setup products to sell and prices, advertise
The AI is frustratingly dumb
Does not setup store, with billions in cash, does not sell products after given a store
asc2

Post by asc2 »

I found the flaw to be the following
AI subsidiary CEO is only interested in working on industry he/she is specialized in and does nothing to other industry
Example, if the CEO is specialized in Food, the CEO will only react such as advertise, build stores when it is possible to further Food category of products

The CEO's focus should be selectable by the user
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Post by chengtsai »

You are 100% correct, the AI has improved over time, but still it is very weak. Basically, we instruct them to do certain things they simply do not follow it. I literally have to setup everything on my own, millions of links, I simply don't believe they can run an efficient company. I only let my COO to compete prices.
asc2

Post by asc2 »

This severely limits the enjoyment of the game, especially making subsidiary fairly limited in use
With better AI and subsidiary, there is a possibility to avoid all the micro and focus on the macro decision making
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

Humm, in my game the COO does pick new items to sell if I accidentially left a purchasing unit empty. I have a subsidiary focused on Real Estate, and they have built stores after building apartments (to raise the value of the apartments) and have purchased goods from my main company. Make sure the "sell to group" box is checked so that your main company can also sell to subsidiaries. But becareful, any company you own more than 50% of the stock in is considered a subsidiary.

Yes the AI is not as good as a human and definitely isn't as efficient. But the COO does take a huge workload off of you just by setting prices and advertising.