Bugs I experience

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
james88
Level 2 user

Re: Economic cycles are way to powerful

Post by james88 »

jared_allister1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:56 am The boom/bust cycle is insane and super unrealistic. The highs are too high, and the lows are too low. There is nothing I can do to fend off a recession, no matter how much money my governments pump into the economy. The economy will experience a boom cycle, where the economy is literally booming, experience 30%-50% gains, only to experience depression of 20%-50% decline in economic output in a couple of years, and repeat. It does this regardless of how much money my government invest in education. This usually leads to a number of AI companies going bankrupt and lower profit for my companies. I am on V6.1.03 with the Realword Mod v11.34.
Savegame: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k2Hsv ... KNTm3ibcQw
I have had the same experiences, I found the cause to be retail focused AI purchasing or selling vast amounts of land.

You can either counteract the real estate AI, for example if the sell $3B, you buy enough land to bring GDP growth up to stop a recession/depression. You can sell said land when the AI purchases land.
Do this on Dec 31st of every year, it’s annoying I know, but it works and you can use it to keep growth steady.

Obviously this can also be used to your advantage, you can cause a boom or bust any time you choose with this strategy, all with a quick glance at the cities figures.
You can really manipulate an economy as it will never get large enough to cope with the AI purchases and sales, even with max competitors and cities (that itself is a bad idea, the game will see massive slow downs after a couple of years)

The other option is to turn off real estate focused AI within a script.
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

Re: Economic cycles are way to powerful

Post by jared_allister1 »

james88 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:23 pm
jared_allister1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:56 am The boom/bust cycle is insane and super unrealistic. The highs are too high, and the lows are too low. There is nothing I can do to fend off a recession, no matter how much money my governments pump into the economy. The economy will experience a boom cycle, where the economy is literally booming, experience 30%-50% gains, only to experience depression of 20%-50% decline in economic output in a couple of years, and repeat. It does this regardless of how much money my government invests in education. This usually leads to a number of AI companies going bankrupt and lower profit for my companies. I am on V6.1.03 with the Realword Mod v11.34.
Savegame: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k2Hsv ... KNTm3ibcQw
I have had the same experiences, I found the cause to be retail focused AI purchasing or selling vast amounts of land.

You can either counteract the real estate AI, for example if the sell $3B, you buy enough land to bring GDP growth up to stop a recession/depression. You can sell said land when the AI purchases land.
Do this on Dec 31st of every year, it’s annoying I know, but it works and you can use it to keep growth steady.

Obviously this can also be used to your advantage, you can cause a boom or bust any time you choose with this strategy, all with a quick glance at the cities figures.
You can really manipulate an economy as it will never get large enough to cope with the AI purchases and sales, even with max competitors and cities (that itself is a bad idea, the game will see massive slow downs after a couple of years)

The other option is to turn off real estate focused AI within a script.
I tried looking into it, there has been very little real estate sell-off at the beginning of the latest depression. AI definitely put commercial and Residental holding up for sale, and if I were operating a real estate focused company and this stage of my game I would scoop up all the cheap real estate. I have not yet tried buying up a huge amount of real estate to fend off a recession, but since I operate in a 14 city game, I don't know if that would be economically feasible. I would prefer if the boom-bust cyc;e was dialed down, more in line with what is has been in the past.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bugs I experience

Post by David »

We have released a new patch v6.1.04 addressing this issue. Please download it from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=7214

It will take time for the volatility of the boom-bust cycle to normalize with the new patch (see attached screenshot).
Attachments
cityGDP.png
cityGDP.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 9730 times
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

Game crashing

While I know I am not running the latest version, my save game is not compatible with the latest patch and I am not really ready to call my current game finished yet. My game is crashing with the ItemArray[] is deleted message.
I am running V6.1.04
I am using RealWorld Mod V11.34
My save game: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jsEX0 ... dVn_F7vh0m

Another issue I've had recently was I tried to install new custom product images, specify Leather Products, they were the correct size and properly formatted, but the game would crash when I attempted to use the custom image. Only with the new images I recently installed, not with any of the custom images I already had in the game.

Thank you!
ItemArray[] is deleted message
ItemArray[] is deleted message
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 4.19.05 PM.png (4.9 MiB) Viewed 9654 times
David

Post by David »

I've forwarded this to the programmer and he will look into it.
David

Post by David »

The programmer has fixed the bug and prepared a special version 6.1.06 for you.

Please download it from https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CapLabv6106.zip.

Then extract the ZIP file to your Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

David wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:46 am The programmer has fixed the bug and prepared a special version 6.1.06 for you.

Please download it from https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CapLabv6106.zip.

Then extract the ZIP file to your Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.
Thank you.
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

I'm on the latest patch, v6.4.10, and almost every time I do anything like press on a product, build or click on one of my stores, I get an error message. also, the price change menu is unusable. I only screenshot what happens when I open a store, but something similar happens when I click on any product like desktop and notebook computers. I am using the realworld mod, and using a script, my save game can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=199TZr ... qDvEYr4VRv_
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.10.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.10.53 PM.png (5.92 MiB) Viewed 9460 times
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.10.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.10.46 PM.png (6.06 MiB) Viewed 9460 times
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.09.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 3.09.46 PM.png (5.36 MiB) Viewed 9460 times
David

Post by David »

Please note that patch v6.4.10 must be applied on top of version 6.4.07 or later. If you haven't installed it, please download the full http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=7580
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

Hello,
I keep getting an error message with my game crashing, it happening later in the game, in my new store or factories, I cannot click on the product to change a price or anything, it only blanks, and when I double click on the product image to change the price the other way, the game crashes with the error message shown in my screenshot. It only happens in some of my new factories, retail stores, and warehouses.

I am running v6.5.19 with RealWorld mod v11.40
My save game can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thank you.
Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 8.41.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 8.41.43 PM.png (2.63 MiB) Viewed 9360 times