Bugs I experience

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bugs I experience

Post by David »

jared_allister1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:58 am My save game can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I clicked on the download link you provided and got the following message.
Attachments
accessneeded.jpg
accessneeded.jpg (50.1 KiB) Viewed 6845 times
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

Post by jared_allister1 »

David wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:13 am
jared_allister1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:58 am My save game can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I clicked on the download link you provided and got the following message.
Sorry about that, here is an updated link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
David

Post by David »

The bug has been fixed. Please download the new patch v6.5.20 from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7798
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

I keep getting this error message when I attempt to save my game. In the save game attached below, add a factory or store, and then try to save the game.

I am on the lattest patch, and running the real world mod v 11.40
My save game can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.31.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.31.16 PM.png (3.29 MiB) Viewed 6797 times
David

Post by David »

The “insufficient memory” error occurs when the game attempts to allocate a large memory buffer for compressing an extremely large amount of game data.

The programmer told me that version 6.6.x has been optimized over 6.5.x and the chance of this occurrence is greatly reduced.
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

I don't know what happened, but I assume it a bug or at least you can tell me how to fix it. My company went from generating $60B in revenue to $40B literally overnight. I am using a custom script, one I have used for a long time, recently I added Factory Capacity Modifier=500 to my script. Using smartphones as an example, my factories when from producing 180000 units to 96000 to >30000 units for apparently no reason whatsoever. The same is true for all my suppliers and other products. This has happened a few times and I been able to fix it by just loading into one of the autosave and usually that fixes it for a while. This has been really annoying because I don't know what to do, my employees are trained, supplies are available, the factories just seem to decide not to be as productive overnight, and no matter what I try, nothing seems to get production back up.

I am running V6.6.08
RealWorld Mod V11.40
Both my savegame and the script can be downloaded here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Please and Thank you.

-Jared
David

Post by David »

I don't know what happened, but I assume it a bug or at least you can tell me how to fix it. My company went from generating $60B in revenue to $40B literally overnight.
To pinpoint the causes of the plunge in revenue, I would recommend that you compare the revenue and profit of each type of firms against those in the previous time period before the revenue decline.

After finding out which type of firms is the primary cause of it, you could then open the Firms report and look at the financial figures of individual firms and identify those that have experienced the biggest drops in revenue, then investigate from there.
recently I added Factory Capacity Modifier=500 to my script. Using smartphones as an example, my factories when from producing 180000 units to 96000 to >30000 units for apparently no reason whatsoever.
I loaded your save game and noticed that there is not enough supply of CPU for manufacturing Smart Phones - please see the attached screenshot.
This has happened a few times and I been able to fix it by just loading into one of the autosave and usually that fixes it for a while. This has been really annoying because I don't know what to do, my employees are trained, supplies are available, the factories just seem to decide not to be as productive overnight, and no matter what I try, nothing seems to get production back up.
If you could let me know the name of the factory experiencing this issue, I will look into it.
Attachments
missingCPU.jpg
missingCPU.jpg (88 KiB) Viewed 6745 times
firm income.jpg
firm income.jpg (241.31 KiB) Viewed 6755 times
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

David wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:47 am
I don't know what happened, but I assume it a bug or at least you can tell me how to fix it. My company went from generating $60B in revenue to $40B literally overnight.
To pinpoint the causes of the plunge in revenue, I would recommend that you compare the revenue and profit of each type of firms against those in the previous time period before the revenue decline.

After finding out which type of firms is the primary cause of it, you could then open the Firms report and look at the financial figures of individual firms and identify those that have experienced the biggest drops in revenue, then investigate from there.
recently I added Factory Capacity Modifier=500 to my script. Using smartphones as an example, my factories when from producing 180000 units to 96000 to >30000 units for apparently no reason whatsoever.
I loaded your save game and noticed that there is not enough supply of CPU for manufacturing Smart Phones - please see the attached screenshot.
This has happened a few times and I been able to fix it by just loading into one of the autosave and usually that fixes it for a while. This has been really annoying because I don't know what to do, my employees are trained, supplies are available, the factories just seem to decide not to be as productive overnight, and no matter what I try, nothing seems to get production back up.
If you could let me know the name of the factory experiencing this issue, I will look into it.
But there was more than enough before. CPU production tanked out of nowhere , if you look at the CPU factories (I built more 5 more early on in the production slump) they have unrestricted access to copper, silicon, and carbon, yet production feel from 350k units per factory to under 50k units, causing smartphone and every other product the requires them, which is almost all my products, not to have enough CPU. But production feel the same way with my engine for example, it seem like a straight production cut across every single product and semi product.
David

Post by David »

I will ask the programmer to look into it on Monday.

One trick you could try is that when you assign yourself or the COO to manage your factory, the game will recalculate the production capacity of the factory, for the newly assigned manager's expertise on the production capacity to take effect. You could try assigning yourself or the COO to run the factory and see if it will make any difference to the CPU production output.
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

Hello, I have another bug, my game is crashing with this error message, I believe I've grown too big.
I am running v 6.6.11, realworld v11.40.
Please note that I did just update to v6.6.13 and still experience the same crash.
My savegame can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 1.09.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 1.09.03 PM.png (4.07 MiB) Viewed 6681 times
Last edited by jared_allister1 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.