real estate ai sucks donkey balls

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
tropp101

real estate ai sucks donkey balls

Post by tropp101 »

Hey there!

I can't say often enough how much I enjoy this game. But like with all great things, there is room for improvement. One of the things that could be improved is the ai for real estate focused companies. I am playing a game with all three dlcs enabled, so there is plenty of demand for real estate to be build. I set up a company to build real estate, equipped it with 2 billion dollars, and gave it retail stores in every city so that it would have some cash flow to start with (the retail stores make about 50 million in profit per month).

After 5 years, the subsidiary has build 4 appartments in a single city. It is sitting on billions of dollars and does pretty much nothing with it. My suggestion for an algorithm for real estate focused companies:

1. check if the financial situation allows for constructing a new building.
2. check the supply/demand in every city
3. build the most desired type of building in whatever city has the highest demand.

and don't do that crap where you buy up a ton of land in one city. That is not efficient.

Well, that is my 2 cents. Have a nice day!
vunguyen95148
Level 2 user

Re: real estate ai sucks donkey balls

Post by vunguyen95148 »

Same, I think this should be improved for the AI on focusing the Real Estate industry.