Interface Improvement Suggestions

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
CecilLove

Re: Interface Improvement Suggestions

Post by CecilLove »

What if the launcher browser linked to the most recent game update forum post instead of the banking DLC page? I find that it can be a bit awkward to know when there are new updates to try out and this could be a better way to keep players informed without much extra work.
Capitalism Lab Update Log.png
Capitalism Lab Update Log.png (219.28 KiB) Viewed 11201 times
Here's an example of what that would look like. With the print view option, it actually looks pretty decent.

Here's the page for reference. https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... view=print

You could do a similar thing for the beta version like so: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... view=print
Anathelus

Post by Anathelus »

With respect, I have played this game for hours and loved every minute of it.
However we must address the UI, it cannot possibly be that hard to make all in game windows to have a windows style UI (minimise/maximise/close) and have multiple windows open at once. This game is highly micromanagement focused and that is hard to do with only one task at a time. We should be able to action a share purchase, while managing our supermarket advertising budget, at the same time we analyse the market for any fluctuations in product prices.
It would make the game more free flowing, in business we must never waste any time because every second counts.
null_subject

Post by null_subject »

Maybe I've missed how to do it, but I would like a way to hide/show the "Public Investors’ Money" display when "Realistic Money Supply" is enabled. I suggest the toggle goes next to the "+" button under the minimap (city details toggle). In fact, the actual display could even be moved there. From a professional UX/UI perspective, it doesn't make any sense for that Public Investor's Money panel to be so center stage, when it isn't always useful. It's even more prominent than the balance! As it stands, it's making me avoid the feature altogether.

If I've goofed, and missed the toggle, please let me know! Thanks!

P.S. That counter would also be right at home in the bottom bar, next to the balance. The white panel background makes it stand out too much, and it keeps flickering on and off every time the cursor is moved over a building.
mockup_publicmoneypanel.png
mockup_publicmoneypanel.png (4.39 MiB) Viewed 10846 times
Maelstrom Vortex
Level 2 user

Post by Maelstrom Vortex »

Simple suggestion for the farm managers area. Allow products to be sorted by sewing month, name, or harvesting month. As well as for the product category drop down when selecting which crop to build in layout plans. It will help those of us trying to plant by season.

Sorting by product category would also be nice.
Anathelus

Post by Anathelus »

When a company is bankrupt and requires cash, if they are 100% owned, there should be an option for "capital injection"
Saves having to go into the financial options to do this when the game keeps telling you X company or insurance company/bank is bankrupt
Geboe

Post by Geboe »

"Product Details" category should have option to select 1 branch at the time, to see all your products in specific product class. Like "Manufacturer´s Guide" is. It would be so much easy to select like Automobile, and then there´s all Automobile categorys, rather than trying to find Sedan,Truck,Motorcycle on at the time. So much more easy to fight those pesky AI´s Companys in price war. Im not sure if someone suggested this allready, just wanted to point this out.

Regards

-GeboeFIN
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Geboe wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:18 pm "Product Details" category should have option to select 1 branch at the time, to see all your products in specific product class. Like "Manufacturer´s Guide" is. It would be so much easy to select like Automobile, and then there´s all Automobile categorys, rather than trying to find Sedan,Truck,Motorcycle on at the time. So much more easy to fight those pesky AI´s Companys in price war. Im not sure if someone suggested this allready, just wanted to point this out.
There is already a way to do so in the game. First select a product class from the Products summary report, as shown in the screenshot. Then open the Product Details report and use the Next and Previous button at the bottom to browse only products within the selected product class.
Attachments
product list.png
product list.png (271.85 KiB) Viewed 9994 times
DopamineSim

Post by DopamineSim »

Please add a non-blue color scheme for players to use, as blue light is not good for eye health.
Like victoria 3 or other Paradox games.

2023_0120_214836_CapMain.png
2023_0120_214836_CapMain.png (2.05 MiB) Viewed 9976 times
ss_43899b41923d034d609dfe58e7c37fbc74ede404.1920x1080.jpg
ss_43899b41923d034d609dfe58e7c37fbc74ede404.1920x1080.jpg (586.46 KiB) Viewed 9976 times
Geboe

Post by Geboe »

Thanks David, i know that page, i was not clear enough. In that page you cant use it to change price´s so the active price war is still bit slow with many products at the same time.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Geboe wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:24 pm Thanks David, i know that page, i was not clear enough. In that page you cant use it to change price´s so the active price war is still bit slow with many products at the same time.
Please try the method highlighted in blue below and see if it works for you.

First select a product class from the Products summary report, as shown in the screenshot. Then open the Product Details report and use the Next and Previous button at the bottom to browse only products within the selected product class.