Game Econcomics

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Game Econcomics

Post by Arcnor »

One thing going on in my current game is there doesn't seem to be too many downturns in the overall economy. I'm 25 plus years into the game and only now having what appears to be a slowdown. Otherwise, throughout the game the unemployment rate, GDP, inflation, and interest rates have all stayed pretty consistent.

In fact, I'd argue that the central bank has allowed inflation and CPI to get way out of hand.

I can't tell if I'm getting these results due to my mod or just the game overall. Please see the charts below.
Economics.PNG
Economics.PNG (504.19 KiB) Viewed 247 times
economics2.PNG
economics2.PNG (522.66 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Game Econcomics

Post by Arcnor »

My suggestion on this is it would be great as part of the pregame setup if an inflation target could be set. I don't know if the game currently limits interest rates. Is there a minimum or a maximum?

If we could set an inflation target that the game could then use as a guide and change interest rates accordingly that would be great.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Game Econcomics

Post by David »

In a game I recently played, the economy did experience a number of downturns as you could see in the screenshot below.

I would recommend that you run a few more games and see if you are consistently seeing the same pattern. There is a possibility that the static economy might just happen to be a logical outcome in that particular game you played and other games may vary.
Attachments
economy.jpg
economy.jpg (575.6 KiB) Viewed 240 times