Bring back 3x3 Commercial Buildings, and other Real Estate ideas

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
wjm4

Bring back 3x3 Commercial Buildings, and other Real Estate ideas

Post by wjm4 »

A previous update (5.9.1) perhaps mistakenly made the 3x3 Commercial Building into a 4x4 building while just recentering the 3x3 model, not even resizing it. I choose to believe this was a mistake but I have some other suggestions about commercial buildings.

Buildings that use more plots should have more square footage to rent. The 3x3 building does not seem to have even twice as much rental space as a 2x2, from a non-thorough analysis of revenue graphs for two commercial buildings with roughly the same rent. Because it requires more land in generally more expensive areas, there is larger opportunity cost for 9 plots than for 4.

The commercial buildings with more space should be taller and have a factor increase in capacity, cost, and upkeep greater than the difference in plot size. I generally support the existence of 4x4 and 5x5 Commercial buildings, but they should be like the World Trade Center in scale, investment, and maintenance. You would not want to have a half-empty one on the poor side of town.

I usually start my games with Real Estate because it's so very easy to abuse the land mechanics if you allow yourself to pause. You can typically make several instant millions at the start of the game depending on the number of cities and their Real Wage Rates. A delay for commercial building and apartment construction would fix this.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bring back 3x3 Commercial Buildings, and other Real Estate ideas

Post by David »

The issues have been fixed. Please download the patch v5.9.04 from: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=6716
megapolis
Level 6 user

Re: Bring back 3x3 Commercial Buildings, and other Real Estate ideas

Post by megapolis »

Oh, it was not a feature. Nice :)