Increasing Competitiveness Reduces My Profits

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
mserhatbalik
Level 2 user

Increasing Competitiveness Reduces My Profits

Post by mserhatbalik »

In survival mode I've boosted the city's nearly all products competitiveness too 100. Now all the "white local competitors" are eating my market shares, and the only way to keep up with them is increasing sales by attracting more people and pay more for advertisements. I just can't see any benefit to this mechanism.

David told that it increases the employment in the city. Is this employment count surpasses the jobs I can create just building more businesses? So in some sense it creates some local competitors, but also lots of customers.

Somebody in the forum wrote that it's purpose is to combat inflation. Inflation setting is turned off in my game. So am I basically shooting in myself in foot by boosting competitiveness in this particular situation?
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Increasing Competitiveness Reduces My Profits

Post by colonel_truman »

mserhatbalik wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:10 pm In survival mode I've boosted the city's nearly all products competitiveness too 100. Now all the "white local competitors" are eating my market shares, and the only way to keep up with them is increasing sales by attracting more people and pay more for advertisements. I just can't see any benefit to this mechanism.

David told that it increases the employment in the city. Is this employment count surpasses the jobs I can create just building more businesses? So in some sense it creates some local competitors, but also lots of customers.

Somebody in the forum wrote that it's purpose is to combat inflation. Inflation setting is turned off in my game. So am I basically shooting in myself in foot by boosting competitiveness in this particular situation?
1- I think these two are not related. If the locals are beating you you must be doing something wrong.
2- I think you help more with new firms, altough these two are related. I could be wrong.
3- Can you provide the link? that sounds a bit off. In any case, this game still has misteries hidden for me that I cannot yet grasp.
Last edited by colonel_truman on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
mserhatbalik
Level 2 user

Post by mserhatbalik »

colonel_truman wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:00 am Can you provide the link? that sounds a bit off. In any case, this game still has misteries hidden for me that I cannot yet grasp.
http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4905
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by colonel_truman »

David said there that it is jobs that affect inflation.

I might guess that the more competitiveness the more industries can develop, so the more jobs will be created. In that case more competitiveness means higher inflation, not lower. That doesn´t sound off at all.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!