I'm totally perplexed at how most people play this game.

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Webby64286
Level 2 user

I'm totally perplexed at how most people play this game.

Post by Webby64286 »

The way I see it, there are 4 cities that have a need for 76 end products and a built in market ceiling for each of the 76 end products in the game. Somebody has to meet this demand for all of these products, why not you? Those end products need raw materials and semi-products, somebody has to supply that to you, why not you? Why would you want to make 500 million dollars a year by just going into raw materials or selling a couple of semi products or some other limited way when you can make 20 billion per year selling everything to yourself and then selling every end product in every city? The discussions on this board are absolutely frivolous. This game isn't the real world. It doesn't even come close to what happens in the real world of business. That's not a knock on the game, it's impossible to come even close to that kind of realism. All of the discussions on this board (resources, land etc.) would be more meaningful if the AI was any good. With 10 AI competitors, they make about 20 different end products maximum for all 4 cities. If they do buy some raw material when it runs out they don't renew it. Fix the AI then we can talk about this other stuff.
Zumblick

Re: I'm totally perplexed at how most people play this game.

Post by Zumblick »

I completely aggre with you, fixing the stupid AI is the best Add-on that this game deserve.

I ever set the AI to start with 100 mi, and it bankrupt all the times, opening factorys that produces nothing, or producing with a finite raw material from de ports.

When I have some challenge trying to beat a AI that start with the same money amount than me, the this game will be wonderfull