Subsidary pricing managment

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Subsidary pricing managment

Post by avengerbg »

for the first time after some time i decided to split my buisness in several subsidaries, made a farming one, but the CEO put ridiculous prices on farm products, like $25 for leather, 20 for wool etc, with even negative rating, moving slider toward max for market share or profit margin have no effect.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Subsidary pricing managment

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

6.2.06 with all 4 dlc, no mods

Made new game for test, cheated the money, result is almost same, tho this time i didnt rised the brand rating so the prices are a bit lower, but still with slider set to maximise market share, prices are a bit too high in the farms in my opinion, even put a farm from my own corp to simulate competition on local market, becouse i though this is part of the problem, but it didnt made difference, the slider in managment is set to maximiase market share, and the CEO of subsidary keep prices so high that the goods rating in farms is no more then 10.

This give me an idea, may be it will be easy and possible to add option to firms to let players manage the pricing, ie manage window options for praci managment of this firm, all firms of that type, or all subsidary firms, or in subsidary managment window some prising options besides the slider for maximum profit/market share.
Attachments
STOI_012.rar
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

Just to add its survival mode game, didnt tried in normal one. This beheivior might be just for survival, becouse the economics and market are quite different. In any way, moving slider for profit/market share dont make any difference at pricing at all.
David

Post by David »

avengerbg wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:43 pm for the first time after some time i decided to split my buisness in several subsidaries, made a farming one, but the CEO put ridiculous prices on farm products, like $25 for leather, 20 for wool etc, with even negative rating, moving slider toward max for market share or profit margin have no effect.
You could open the MOD_kit\Data\Product_Types.DBF under your CapLab game folder and you would see that the standard price of Wool is $20.

As for leather, the standard price is $10. I loaded your game and the prices that the AI companies are selling are shown in the attached screenshot.

By the way, do you enjoy playing Survival mode more than the normal mode? Did you find it more challenging?
Attachments
leather.png
leather.png (400.93 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

yes i do, tho in the fresh game im starting i "cheated" adding money, creating more corporations going ipo, and selling all shares. 7 oponents is a bit too low, most of them are out of the game in less then 10 years, may be if its possible add corporations with delayed start or if total number of corporations drop below some limit new ones to emerge with fresh capital etc so game keep most of the time some competiotion. Also on your screenshot the rating is just 6. Now about the topic, shouldnt slider for maximum profit/market share influence the prise in same way? Becouse it didnt had any effect for me.
The competitors AI lower the prise even below the cost when i lower my prises, but my subsidary CEO didnt care how other corporation sell or that the market share is 0% when i "give him"
order to maximise market share.

Also my main problem was with the prices for frozen meats to be honest, with sparsly populated city or cities, just after a year, when quaility rise, CEO of subsidary increase it a lot, and if i also increase the brand to 100, he/she increases the prices even more, have to sell them for prise over 7-10 just to not sell on loss.

Also on side note, i noticed that even with only 10 000 advertising per product brand rating rises to max very quick, on my old savegame population of my city was about 200k and still 10 000 was enough to rise the brand.

P.S. By the way, im still big fan of Sim City 2000 :)
Last edited by avengerbg on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

May be here is the time and place to suggest that there is option to take control only over pricing, so CEO dont overwrite prices you put, he still can manage the firm entirly but nor prises. There is already option to sell on cost when internal sale is on, but would be nice to have separate option for some control over prices. I want my ceo to manage the firms becouse his/her expertise, but to be able to sell products at profit margin i want.
David

Post by David »

avengerbg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:49 am 7 oponents is a bit too low, most of them are out of the game in less then 10 years, may be if its possible add corporations with delayed start or if total number of corporations drop below some limit new ones to emerge with fresh capital etc so game keep most of the time some competiotion.
I have forward the above suggestion to the dev team.
Also on your screenshot the rating is just 6. Now about the topic, shouldnt slider for maximum profit/market share influence the prise in same way? Becouse it didnt had any effect for me.
This will be improved in the new version 6.2.08.

The competitors AI lower the prise even below the cost when i lower my prises, but my subsidary CEO didnt care how other corporation sell or that the market share is 0% when i "give him"
order to maximise market share.
Make sure that you disable "Sell below costs" option. (See the attached screenshot.)
Also my main problem was with the prices for frozen meats to be honest, with sparsly populated city or cities, just after a year, when quaility rise, CEO of subsidary increase it a lot, and if i also increase the brand to 100, he/she increases the prices even more, have to sell them for prise over 7-10 just to not sell on loss.
In your save game, there was no retail store selling frozen meat from your subsidiary company. So I set up one and the frozen meat products are able to sell quite well.
Also on side note, i noticed that even with only 10 000 advertising per product brand rating rises to max very quick, on my old savegame population of my city was about 200k and still 10 000 was enough to rise the brand.
Please provide a save game with this issue and we will look into it.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

Please provide a save game with this issue and we will look into it.
it is like that on every game i start, im speaking again for survival mode, i dont know how advertasing is implemented, may be it goes fast with low advertising cost, becouse the city barely have population at start if its tied to the population. in this save brand rised with 11 points for just 3 months with under 10 000 advertising spend per month. Also i didnt noticed much of difference if/any, between 10 000, 100 000 and even 500 000 spending for advertising.

You can try starting new game in survival mode and just put any media and any firm to advertise, the only thing that influence the speed of rasing brand to some degree is media rating.