No votes
Maybe, but not for my style of play
8%

Total votes: 26

Yimmy
Level 3 user

Improvement poll -- Alerts & Reminders

Post by Yimmy »

Ability to set reminders. For example, set a reminder, at any time during the year, for notification in July to plant an August crop.

Ability to set alerts. For example "Company xyz could be close to bankruptcy" Or when a raw materials firm has exhausted resources but still has lots of inventory an alert would show up when stock is zero in sales and inventory. e.g, "Logging Camp x no longer has any inventory/stock for sale"
Last edited by Yimmy on Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Re: New Improvement suggestion poll -- Alerts & Reminders

Post by furmanbp »

I would add customized alert option as well, for example: alert on particular day, or month etc.
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

furmanbp wrote:
I would add customized alert option as well, for example: alert on particular day, or month etc.
Thank you for your clarification. Customized alerts and reminders is exactly what I had in mind.
FIIIIIG
Level 2 user

Post by FIIIIIG »

1) The reminders/alerts should also support recurrence (weekly, monthly, yearly).

2) I would also love to have stock alerts based on price so that I can monitor multiple stocks without having to look every minute.
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

Fifteen positive votes for this poll. If we get fifteen more, maybe David will take notice and comment about viability.
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

In hopes of getting sufficient favorable votes and possibly implementation of alerts and reminders, some useful features would include the ability to set varying degrees of importance. For example, an audible alert of speech for most important alerts/reminders, bold/italic/flashing displayu for non-urgent but still important messages, and possibly non-intrusive log entry display for merely informative statements.

A few examples of how I would use this feature are as follows: (others will certainly have their own valuable suggestions)

"Player x just sold some of your company stock, you might wish to buy it before someone else does"
"The new year is approaching, do you wish to adjust your dividend?"
"You have set a July alert for planting August crops"
"The interest rate just increased; do you need to pay down debt?"
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

Nineteen positive votes; just eleven more to go. Vote early, can't vote often, but tell your friends
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

FIIIIIG wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:35 pm 1) The reminders/alerts should also support recurrence (weekly, monthly, yearly).

2) I would also love to have stock alerts based on price so that I can monitor multiple stocks without having to look every minute.
goog idea!
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

twenty-two positive votes; just need eight more positive to bring it to attention of dev team. If you haven't voted, please consider an affirmative vote so we can move this forward -- twenty-two players are counting on your support.

Thanks for your help.
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Re: Improvement poll -- Alerts & Reminders

Post by Yimmy »

23 positive votes for these potentially valuable features. Just seven more to go. Any and all help getting to 30 is appreciated