Problem with the tutorial files

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Problem with the tutorial files

Post by David »

But are you saying that it was a "specification" that the tutorial file would be overwritten only in 6.706?
The tutorial #4 file is also updated in the installer version of 6.7.07.
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

There may have been a problem with the way I wrote it.
I'm not talking about updating the file contents, I'm talking about the behavior of CapStart.exe's auto-update system overwriting the file.

The short question is: "What does CapStart.exe's auto-updater usually overwrite, just CapMain.exe? Or does it also overwrite the tutorial files?

For example, if you find a problem with Tutorial 8.
In 6.7.08, does the CapStart.exe auto-updater receive and overwrite Tutorial 8?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

torajiro wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:34 am There may have been a problem with the way I wrote it.
I'm not talking about updating the file contents, I'm talking about the behavior of CapStart.exe's auto-update system overwriting the file.

The short question is: "What does CapStart.exe's auto-updater usually overwrite, just CapMain.exe? Or does it also overwrite the tutorial files?

For example, if you find a problem with Tutorial 8.
In 6.7.08, does the CapStart.exe auto-updater receive and overwrite Tutorial 8?
The files that are updated by the auto-updater can be customized. So we will set them appropriately for each update.

For instance, after we have realized that there is a problem with the autoupdater for 6.7.06 (including the tutorial 4 file), we changed it to the way v6.7.07 is auto updated (excluding the tutorial 4 file).
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

David wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:49 am
The files that are updated by the auto-updater can be customized. So we will set them appropriately for each update.

For instance, after we have realized that there is a problem with the autoupdater for 6.7.06 (including the tutorial 4 file), we changed it to the way v6.7.07 is auto updated (excluding the tutorial 4 file).
Thank you very much.
If you include the tutorial and scenario files in future auto-updates, the translated files will be overwritten with the English version.
If you don't include them, we won't have a problem...

To solve this, consider this.
"If we have a translate folder, the auto-updater will not update anything but Capmain.exe".
Or
https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =20#p34908

There are no more questions from me.
Thank you.