AI OS/Software Development issues

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: AI OS/Software Development issues

Post by David »

This is the screenshot from your save game.

Could you send me the save game with 2 OS instead of just 1, like the screenshot in your post?
Attachments
OS screenshot.png
OS screenshot.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 681 times
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

I also flagged this issue a while back - imo the AI does not recognise the sales of the new computers at all (and therefore won't incorporate it into his strategy), despite these systems being clearly defined in the hardware setup file. If he is market leader in OS, then he should be jumping at the chance to launch a new version supporting new hardware.

I also noticed (and apologies that I don't have the save game anymore), that when the new computers start to outsell the old ones, the sales of both OS types (ie one with only old computer and one with ALL the available computer types) still seem to remain similar. In other words it feels to me as though the new computers are not figuring into the sales figures for the OS.

Here is the link to that post: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7244

The point gets a bit lost in the middle, but essentially its this: the total marketplace for computers is 38 million units, of which broadly 50% are early computers, which is the only computer type the AI supports with his OS and the one that has see its sales go down the most as it gets displaced by newer models.
Contrary to that, my OS supports ALL computer types, of which the recent hardware sales have all predominantly been of that type (desktop and laptop are outselling early computer by a significant margin; ballpark 5 to 1).
HOWEVER, the AI OS still outsells my OS by a margin of 6 to 1, which doesn't make sense. I would say that I should have a monopoly on at least 50% of the existing market as no other OS supports those computer types, meaning regardless of update cycles and so on, my product should be shifting far faster than his. I should also be leading in sales of OS on new hardware. This leads me to believe that the AI is not factoring in the new hardware for a number of things: OS sales to name just one obvious one. Is it possible there is no actual meaningful game link between these elements at all ? Which ultimately results in the AI being safely able to ignore new hardware as it never factors into his ability to make money ?
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Yes that screenshot shows the problem, the AI has only created an O/S that runs on

Desktop Computer and Notebook Computer.

It has not added any support for the others as shown below.

(the screenshots below are from my company which is developing a second O/S showing the options are there, the AI just hasnt used them, the save game uploaded has the OS currently being designed now).
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (78.39 KiB) Viewed 680 times
Allowing my o/s to finish shows this
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (98.9 KiB) Viewed 675 times
Which shows a dedicated o/s company is ignoring 3 million machines.. which seems unrealistic
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

And here is a post some 5 years later...

the custom systems are now about 30% of all systems, the AI still does not support them

My software does support them, and out of 4.4 million users, only 12000 have bought an operating system that i made... and no other company has developed any software to run on it.

I would also observe there is about 15 million computers for 5 million residents...
Attachments
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (133.38 KiB) Viewed 672 times
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:05 pm And here is a post some 5 years later...
Please provide me with this save game (the one 5 years later ) too.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Attachments
Desktop.7z.004.7z
(5.58 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
Desktop.7z.003.7z
(6.68 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
Desktop.7z.002.7z
(6.68 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
Desktop.7z.001.7z
(6.68 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
David

Post by David »

I loaded your save game and noticed that you didn't have any retail outlets selling your OS software.

As soon as I have built retail stores selling it, the sales took off.
Attachments
OS-2.png
OS-2.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 651 times
David

Post by David »

Also the game shows a spurious figure in days since last release when it is the first version of a product.
This bug will be fixed in the next patch v6.5.09.
also the apps available figure is in this case 0 but then went to 3, even though only 1 app was available.
The apps available figure is a rating (like the quality rating) ranging from 0 to 100, as opposite to the absolute number of apps.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

and did the AI release its OS on the other systems yet ?
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:02 am and did the AI release its OS on the other systems yet ?
What did you mean?