Brutus' Interface OCD Fix

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Brutus
Level 4 user

Brutus' Interface OCD Fix

Post by Brutus »

Are you annoyed and worried thinking your vision is going blurry and starting to feel old whenever you hover over the Information Center Button?

OriginalInformationCenterButton.png
OriginalInformationCenterButton.png (16.62 KiB) Viewed 1441 times

Wonder how it would feel if you weren't growing old and too poor to buy glasses?
Behold!!! The power of a clear button!
CrispyInformationCenterButton.png
CrispyInformationCenterButton.png (15.4 KiB) Viewed 1441 times

But that's not all folks! No no no! You must have have seen this beauty of a button as well when you opened up one of your factory's screens!
ToggleAnalysisModeButtonLooksBad.png
ToggleAnalysisModeButtonLooksBad.png (29.09 KiB) Viewed 1441 times

Look how it doesn't even have an edge!? Is this too avant garde for you? Who put this here? Is this an alpha-test we're still running?

Now feast your eyes on this!
ToggleAnalysisModeButtonLooksSlightlyBetter.png
ToggleAnalysisModeButtonLooksSlightlyBetter.png (29.77 KiB) Viewed 1441 times

Looks slightly better doesn't it? So worry and be annoyed no longer! For the low low price of selling out your democratic soul to me and you voting for the Computer Store to be improved either by getting bumped up to a proper 3x3 building or downsized to an actual 2x2 building that it currently is (< pick the 2x2 option, do it!), you too can now enjoy crispy clear visuals on the information center and a proper toggle analysis mode button!

Plz vote at: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=8249 and download your copy there! And you better not vote no! :evil: (this is probably gonne backfire as hell :lol:)

But if you are anti-voting and prefer fascism you can always just get it here from your big papa tycoon ;) but you better still vote as I told you to! Or it will be the gulags for you 8-)

copy the contents directly into the main capitalism lab folder:

UI Mod.zip
(21.23 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

OR use this installer and uninstaller suggested by the amazing "paulwoman'' if you don't like manual work and prefer the modern world of automation.

Installer: https://data.netfinity.fr/f/56ade83311414206b6a6/?dl=1
Uninstaller: https://data.netfinity.fr/f/5f6bcdbd76644837a4ae/?dl=1
Last edited by Brutus on Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Brutus' Interface OCD Fix

Post by paulwoman »

Brutus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:15 pm
copy the contents directly into the main capitalism lab folder:

Example: C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME HERE]\AppData\Local\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta
Please download and install this file

https://data.netfinity.fr/f/56ade83311414206b6a6/?dl=1
Override the original images, be sure to either back up the original images or be prepared to completely reinstall the game if you wish to revert back, (reinstalling game does NOT delete your saves, mods, scripts or anything else that was actually important, just so you know, so should be easy to revert back))
Please download and install this if you want go back to the old UI

https://data.netfinity.fr/f/5f6bcdbd76644837a4ae/?dl=1

PS :It would be "nice" if this post was highlighted.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The artists have improved the icons and they will updated in the next version 6.9.00.
Brutus
Level 4 user

Post by Brutus »

David wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:12 pm The artists have improved the icons and they will updated in the next version 6.9.00.
Oof I'm actually saddened a bit after putting in my own work to fix it and hear it's getting updated :lol:

I am still more happy to hear it will be improved and am looking forward to the new graphics! :mrgreen:
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

OR use this installer and uninstaller provided by the amazing "paulwoman'' if you don't like manual work and prefer the modern world of automation.
I wouldn't go that far ^^. I "only" propose an installer from my server thanks to the script of torajiro.
David wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:12 pm The artists have improved the icons and they will updated in the next version 6.9.00.
Great ! Thanks for the update
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Brutus wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:59 pm
Oof I'm actually saddened a bit after putting in my own work to fix it and hear it's getting updated :lol:

I am still more happy to hear it will be improved and am looking forward to the new graphics! :mrgreen:
In my opinion, the versions improved by the artist are no better than yours. 8-) Maybe this can be explained by the fact that each person has a different aesthetic preference.
Brutus
Level 4 user

Post by Brutus »

David wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:12 pm In my opinion, the versions improved by the artist are no better than yours. 8-) Maybe this can be explained by the fact that each person has a different aesthetic preference.
I'm eager to witness them :D and will be enjoying the new graphics. Thanks so much David!