At what speed you play?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Tomope89

At what speed you play?

Post by Tomope89 »

Hey, I've got a noobish question (but I'm noob yet, so I think it's ok xD): how do you use speed? At what "default" speed you play usually? Do you make a few actions and then speed up the game until the action will start to make profits, before you do something new? Or perhaps you play on the "1", making constant investitions and new actions, not waiting for profit?

At what speed the game is supposed to be played in your opinion? Is it game full of just sitting and watching his your financial situation is, or dynamic aggressive game full of action?
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: At what speed you play?

Post by rafaeltodero »

I am not very good with English, I hope you understand.
I always start my games in 1990. I play at speed 1. after everything is set up, factories, shops, I put speed 2. When I'm already profitable I put a higher speed 3 to 4. Speed ​​5 only put it when I'm already enough profit. I advise you the following:
Start the game in 1990, make the settings with the game paused, then set to speed 2 and wait until 1991.
and whenever possible, adjust your operation and expand.

Remember every 2 months
pause the game and see the reports and see if there is any demand in factories or stores etc.
bdubbs
Level 3 user

Re: At what speed you play?

Post by bdubbs »

Depending on what kind of machine you play on the game will probably slow down to some degree as time passes and the maps get cluttered with buildings. So speed 1 in 1990 will probably be faster than speed 1 in 2000 on the average pc.

Personally I have always played the game on pause. As in I keep the game on pause until I've decided everything I want to do, and then I advance time until I have whatever I need to do the next thing I want to do. So at the beginning of the game I'll build up whatever I'm going to build, let however many months run until I have enough money or can borrow enough money to build more, pause again, and then do my building.

Personally I don't like trying to keep up with the AI companies in real time