Importing any Raw Materials - bug?

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
BigPapaPengzu

Importing any Raw Materials - bug?

Post by BigPapaPengzu »

There are plenty of raw materials with the import icon next to them, but when you choose "add import" at the import company, it takes you to the manufacturers guide, which only displays (on the right) mfg products - raw materials they are made from cannot be selected and thus cannot be imported. Or is there a different way to import raw materials? In this picture, there is no way to move copper into the same slot where the import button would be selected
imports.png
imports.png (758.07 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
CapitalismLabStory
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Importing any Raw Materials - bug?

Post by CapitalismLabStory »

Hi, out of curiousity, where do you add import? Like what are you trying to do?

What I do is I have a sales unit in the mine. Then in the factory your purchasing unit you link it to the mine (you can filter to all cities and corporations to your own and search for copper to make life easy).

I've never had such issue so not sure how you got there. Which mod is this?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

BigPapaPengzu wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:26 pm There are plenty of raw materials with the import icon next to them, but when you choose "add import" at the import company, it takes you to the manufacturers guide, which only displays (on the right) mfg products - raw materials they are made from cannot be selected and thus cannot be imported. Or is there a different way to import raw materials? In this picture, there is no way to move copper into the same slot where the import button would be selected
I've tested it and noticed that it has been fixed in the latest version. If you still encounter any issues, please let us know.
BigPapaPengzu

Post by BigPapaPengzu »

I still have the same issue.

Here is my question-

In the above picture, where do I click to add copper as an import? (NOT electric cable, I want to import the copper)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

It has been fixed in the latest version 8.0.11. It no longer shows import icons for raw materials. You could download the latest version from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=8723
alpha117
Level 2 user

Post by alpha117 »

But!,,,it might be cheaper to import raw materials than to setup a local operation.
Then again it might not be, but leave that to the business manger to decide.

I would like the option to be able to import raw materials.

I think the 'import' functional could/should be expanded in a much as allow random/different import costs? (import quality: low moderate high RANDOM)

Also to allow the AI to purchase imports from you, providing you move them to a warehouse and also vary the quality of the imported items

Thoughts