Al Players

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
Mobile One

Al Players

Post by Mobile One »

Hey all,
I have a question hoping someone will be able to answer it for me!
When i put some of my shops and or apartments/Commercial buildings up for sale no one buys them from me! I have even sent the sales price way below the marker value. Is there something wrong here? :cry:
City Builder
Level 5 user

Re: Al Players

Post by City Builder »

Don't have much details to go on, so...

Are the businesses and real estate profitable? If it's not profitable then I could see why the AI might not want to buy it, they'll have to do a lot of work to turn around the business to hope to make a profit, they may never make a profit depending on what else is going on in the game or not make a large enough profit to be bothered to buy your businesses and real estate.

What I noticed in Cap Labs (the expansion that is currently in beta testing) is that when I put something of mine up for sale, let's say one of my Television media companies, the AI is not interested in buying it from me unless it's making a huge profit. There was one time that I had the speed set on 5 and all of a sudden my media company is making a huge profit and I get one of the AI that offers to buy it from me. But before I could slow down the game and go take a look at the media company in question the offer was withdrawn. I looked at the finance and noted that the tv station that was making a huge profit was now making a huge loss so the AI I guess decided that he did not want to buy it now and the window icon that it got minimized to while I went to look at my business was removed, I assume this means that the offer was withdrawn.

So I'm guessing that the business probably have to show a nice healthy profit for the AI to be interested, or maybe the AI doesn't have enough money, or they have other plans, there are so many possibilities.
Mobile One

Re: Al Players

Post by Mobile One »

Thank you City Builder, that was exactly what the problem was. My firms were profitable at one time (when I put them on the market) then when i want and rechecked them there were no longer making money. Again thank you! :mrgreen: