DRM ?

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: DRM ?

Post by David »

Does this mean I have to be connected at least once per hour to play this game? -.-|
No, you are not required to connection at least one hour to play the game.

Capitalism Lab only requires an Internet connection to start a new game.

It is possible to load a saved game when you are offline.
trein91

Post by trein91 »

What about this thread btw? http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =13&t=1343

For example, let's say I want to play my saved game / start a new game while playing with no internet, eg going on a plane.. how would one do that? (Should I save a fresh new game lol? is that the only way of avoiding the problem?)
David

Post by David »

What about this thread btw? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1343
This problem will not happen in the current version. If, for any reason, it happens to you, we can provide you with a full refund to your order.

For example, let's say I want to play my saved game / start a new game while playing with no internet, eg going on a plane.. how would one do that? (Should I save a fresh new game lol? is that the only way of avoiding the problem?)
You may start several new games and save them while you have internet connection.

And you may load the saved games anytime even if you are offline.
albatros

Post by albatros »

David wrote:Capitalism Lab only requires an Internet connection to start a new game.
(source : a few posts before mine)

Ho, really ?
David wrote:"after 1 hour, if you are still offline, your game will be autosaved and game will be closed."

I would like to add that you could restart CapLab immediately after its closing and you could load the autosave game to play for another hour, if you are still offline. And there is no limit to the number of times you could restart CapLab while you are offline.
(source)

Then, it means that this "feature" has been removed, right ?
David

Post by David »

Then, it means that this "feature" has been removed, right ?
Yes, that's correct.
trein91

Post by trein91 »

Last question. What happens in 5-10 years time let's say when it's not profitable to keep servers up for this game? What will happen when the authentication/login servers are offline then??? Are you THEN finally going to remove the drm?
David

Post by David »

I cannot imagine that we will ever have to discontinue the server because the cost of keeping the server running is so low.

If it does happen in such an extremely unlikely circumstance, we will release a DRM free version of the game prior to discontinuing of the server.
kakao

Post by kakao »

Are you firmly against the usual sales channels like Steam, GOG, humblebundle? Will it ever happen?
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

David wrote:
Does this mean I have to be connected at least once per hour to play this game? -.-|
No, you are not required to connection at least one hour to play the game.

Capitalism Lab only requires an Internet connection to start a new game.

It is possible to load a saved game when you are offline.
I bought Capitalism Lab this morning simply because of this post. My internet connection is 3g where I live lol so being able to turn off the hotspot and not have to worry about getting kicked out of the game is my main concern. Thanks for the great game fellas :)