SOLVED: Buying Spree scenario is impossible.

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
thomasmikel

SOLVED: Buying Spree scenario is impossible.

Post by thomasmikel »

Hey,

I've started the Buying Spree scenario and the goal is to acquire 8 private companies. Upon starting I notice there are only 6 private companies and 2 of them are not possible to buy (the OS and Telecom companies). This seems like a problem so I try an experiment. I buy the other 4 within the first few game months and then fast-forward 3 years. Sure enough - still only the remaining 2 private companies.

How am I supposed to achieve the goal?

I don't think you'll need a save file for this because I've started this scenario a few times since my experiment and every time there are only 6 private companies that get created.

Thanks
Last edited by thomasmikel on Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Buying Spree scenario is impossible.

Post by David »

I loaded the Buying Spree scenario and there are 15 private companies which can be acquired in the beginning of the game.

Please try starting the scenario anew. If you still encounter the problem, please send us the save game file and we will look into it.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
thomasmikel

Post by thomasmikel »

Hey David,

Please find attached a zip file with 3 saved games. The first is the experiment I told you about where I am 3 years into the game and there are only 2 remaining private companies but I cannot aquire them. The other two are games I started, fast forwarded to February 1st and then saved. Both of these just have the 6 private companies.
Attachments
Buying Spree.zip
(6.19 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We have fixed this issue in the latest version 9.0.20. Please download it from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9103 and restart the scenario and there will be more private companies.
thomasmikel

Post by thomasmikel »

David wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:10 pm We have fixed this issue in the latest version 9.0.20. Please download it from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9103 and restart the scenario and there will be more private companies.
Thanks David.