FPS Limit

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
NooBio

FPS Limit

Post by NooBio »

Hello,

is there a way to limit the frames per second ingame?

Best regards
roomy

Re: FPS Limit

Post by roomy »

I second this. I'm up to 1400 FPS at times and this makes the fans on my GPU go wild.

I tried capping / limiting the FPS via AMD Adrenalin software but it doesn't work.

An in-game VSync option would be great.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

For your information, the game actually does not use GPU. It only uses CPU.
roomy

Post by roomy »

Thanks for the response David but there is high utilisation on my GPU when playing the game, see image.

gpu.jpg
gpu.jpg (330.38 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
David

Post by David »

I just tested running CapLab and my GPU's utilization is zero. Does anyone else encounter the same issue?

Any chance that you are using any utility that runs in background on your computer to use GPU when it detects that a game is running and tries to do something to boost its performance or something along that line?
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:31 am I just tested running CapLab and my GPU's utilization is zero. Does anyone else encounter the same issue?
See screenshots below, the 1st spike in pic 1 was when I opened game, the 2nd spike was when it came full screen, the 2nd picture the spike down is when I minimised the game. So it appears it is definitely affecting GPU use.
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (124.87 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (67.81 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
roomy

Post by roomy »

David wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:31 am Any chance that you are using any utility that runs in background on your computer to use GPU when it detects that a game is running and tries to do something to boost its performance or something along that line?
Yes, the AMD Adrenalin software which is preinstalled as part of the GPU drivers has lots of options for this type of functionality, I'm sure the NVIDIA equivalent(s) will have similar features.

But as @cantdownloadit also confirms above, we both have the same issue across both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

roomy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:55 pm
David wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:31 am Any chance that you are using any utility that runs in background on your computer to use GPU when it detects that a game is running and tries to do something to boost its performance or something along that line?
Yes, the AMD Adrenalin software which is preinstalled as part of the GPU drivers has lots of options for this type of functionality, I'm sure the NVIDIA equivalent(s) will have similar features.

But as @cantdownloadit also confirms above, we both have the same issue across both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs.
To clarify I do not use the Nvidia equivalent G-Force software. I use the driver only.
David

Post by David »

I've forwarded your suggestion of implementing FPS limit to the dev team.
David

Post by David »

You may download the latest version 9.1.30 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9210

In this version, when the game speed is not set to the highest setting, the display will be capped at a maximum of 100 frames per second.