Rate of production

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Max
Level 2 user

Rate of production

Post by Max »

I originally asked this in "Strategies", but I think it applies here too, and I believe modders might be able to help me uncover how it works.

I'm looking to develop a supply chain calculator; IE an external tool that would be able to balance production when I vertically integrate. I've been able to locate where recipes are in the game files, but some in-game testing reveals that I don't know how a recipe equates to how many units per month of production. Sure, there is the production speed multiplier, but that doesn't seem to tell the full story. Glass produces nearly 80 thousand units per month per manufacturing slot in a small factory without training, but that number is only 32 engines per month, even with their X2 production speed.

There has to be some sort of adjustment on the back end. My theory is that the game tries to balance it based on making sure each manufacturing slot gives an equal profit, assuming base prices, but the in-game data I've gathered is too sloppy to say for certain. Anyone know what's going on?
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Rate of production

Post by cantdownloadit »

Base price also affects inventory size weirdly

if you have 2 identical recipes one with a base price of 999 and one with 99999 the inventory units will store much less of the more expensive one..
Max
Level 2 user

Post by Max »

IG it makes sense for balancing reasons why it isn't based off quantity is based off of base price, assuming manufacturing speed is. 1 pound of aluminim and 5 pounds of corn syrup makes 50 cans of cola. If inventory was based off of quantity, it would be impossible to ship them all out without using an obscene amount of sell units. If the cost of the materials are in the same ballpark as the cost of the output by around the same order of magnitude, you wouldn't choke on exporting them all fast enough.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Are there any specific types of production data that you would like to suggest to the dev team for showing on the manufacturing units?

If so, please let me know and I will forward your suggestion to the dev team.