Download.com wont sell products

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
gregoryvance
Level 2 user

Re: Software.com wont sell products

Post by gregoryvance »

yes antivirus is generating sales, and it is set to auto to keep updating itself.
however, software company wont sell it and a lot of other products by digital download
Antivirus1.jpg
Antivirus1.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 518 times
Attachments
anivirus2.jpg
anivirus2.jpg (919.28 KiB) Viewed 518 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Download.com wont sell products

Post by David »

It is because the demand for a software product soars during the release of a new version, then decreases over time as more users have already owned the new version. Thus it is important to regularly release new versions to generate new demand.

saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

David wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:53 am
saffgee wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:06 am I suspect you need to set a shorter update cycle for the product - rightly or wrongly, the key thing for software sales is how "new" it is. Even if the quality gain is marginal or even zero, make sure to keep updating so that you can keep sales high. That said, I have at times had similar issues with specifically online sales being weak in the past (not just with software), so perhaps it is one of those mysteries....
Hi Simon, good to see your post. How are you recently?

If I remember correctly, I have suggested a megafactory game design similar to this post before : https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=9317

I think it will work particularly well with your Modern World MOD.

Any plan to upgrade your MOD to take advantage of the new graphics and the service industry in the latest CapLab version? (Piermario recently released RealWorld MOD v12.5 which is integrated with CapLab version 9 content.)
Thanks David, all good - just very busy is all. I do have plans to upgrade my mod, but I'm launching a new company soon (irl) and so it has to take the back seat for now. If all goes to plan I should have more time in spring. Its not that I haven't done anything to it in all this time btw, its been steadily coming along, with new products and features, but due to my slow updating cycle, every time I think I'm ready for a new version, you change things up on me and add new content. I think when it finally comes out it will be my magnum opus!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

saffgee wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:33 am Thanks David, all good - just very busy is all. I do have plans to upgrade my mod, but I'm launching a new company soon (irl) and so it has to take the back seat for now. If all goes to plan I should have more time in spring. Its not that I haven't done anything to it in all this time btw, its been steadily coming along, with new products and features, but due to my slow updating cycle, every time I think I'm ready for a new version, you change things up on me and add new content. I think when it finally comes out it will be my magnum opus!
Thanks for the update. Great to know that everything is going well on your side.