Download.com wont sell products

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
gregoryvance
Level 2 user

Download.com wont sell products

Post by gregoryvance »

Please see attached saved game. Some software products wont sell in the e commerce at the moment.
Antivirus, for example wont sell when quality is 100, brand 100 and price is one cent.
The tool tip for the software firm indicates that product is not suitable and I cannot understand how.
I cannot understand how it wont sell now but it may sell in 2 years
download.gif
download.gif (715.59 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
Attachments
PLAY_167.zip
(4.74 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Download.com wont sell products

Post by cantdownloadit »

Cant load save, is it an old game version ?
gregoryvance
Level 2 user

Post by gregoryvance »

6.9.09 is the version
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Please try the latest version 9.1.29 https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9207

Please note that save games older than v9.1.00 are not compatible with this new version.

Version 6 is a very old version and many bugs have been fixed since then.
gregoryvance
Level 2 user

Post by gregoryvance »

I tried the up to date version and still cannot sell some products so what am I doing wrong eg operating system wont sell for $19.
Attachments
Download.zip
(8.92 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
David

Post by David »

gregoryvance wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:10 pm I tried the up to date version and still cannot sell some products so what am I doing wrong eg operating system wont sell for $19.
I still couldn't open your save game.

The save game file date is Dec 1 2023, whereas the date of your recent forum post is Dec 12 2023.

So It seems that it is still a save game from an older version.

Also, could you please check if the version displayed at the top right corner of CapLab main menu is version 9.1.x ?
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

I suspect you need to set a shorter update cycle for the product - rightly or wrongly, the key thing for software sales is how "new" it is. Even if the quality gain is marginal or even zero, make sure to keep updating so that you can keep sales high. That said, I have at times had similar issues with specifically online sales being weak in the past (not just with software), so perhaps it is one of those mysteries....
David

Post by David »

saffgee wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:06 am I suspect you need to set a shorter update cycle for the product - rightly or wrongly, the key thing for software sales is how "new" it is. Even if the quality gain is marginal or even zero, make sure to keep updating so that you can keep sales high. That said, I have at times had similar issues with specifically online sales being weak in the past (not just with software), so perhaps it is one of those mysteries....
Hi Simon, good to see your post. How are you recently?

If I remember correctly, I have suggested a megafactory game design similar to this post before : https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=9317

I think it will work particularly well with your Modern World MOD.

Any plan to upgrade your MOD to take advantage of the new graphics and the service industry in the latest CapLab version? (Piermario recently released RealWorld MOD v12.5 which is integrated with CapLab version 9 content.)
gregoryvance
Level 2 user

Re:Software com wont sell products 9.1.29 version

Post by gregoryvance »

Sorry David I put the wrong file there again, here is the correct one.
I notice 2 things this time, 2 products are selling in software company But when i change others to one cent they still wont sell.
i notice also i have a problem in London where I had best quality, price, and brand but still no sales eg. video editing. is this a bug?
Attachments
Play 30.zip
(7.69 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
David

Post by David »

gregoryvance wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 am Please see attached saved game. Some software products wont sell in the e commerce at the moment.
Antivirus, for example wont sell when quality is 100, brand 100 and price is one cent.
I loaded your savegame. Your anti-virus software is generating sales.
Antivirus1.jpg
Antivirus1.jpg (266.23 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
gregoryvance wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 am The tool tip for the software firm indicates that product is not suitable and I cannot understand how.
Which tool tip? Can you provide a screenshot?
gregoryvance wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 am I cannot understand how it wont sell now but it may sell in 2 years
Please see the tips shown in this screenshot.
softhelp.jpg
softhelp.jpg (311.01 KiB) Viewed 4908 times