Imperial units?

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Don

Imperial units?

Post by Don »

Hey all! I haven't played Capitalism Lab yet so I was wondering a few things.

I heard that imperial units (lbs) cannot be changed to European units (kg). Not even through mods..? Are there any other imperial units than lbs in the game?

So I was wondering if it "bothers" any European players here, or could you live with imperial units? :) I don't know how big part these units play and if there are rather many other things to take care of instead of units... ;)

Cheers!
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Imperial units?

Post by cantdownloadit »

I dont really pay attention to it no..

though you could probably make a mod to change this, if you go into product types.dbf you can change the amounts from pounds to kg if you want.
Don

Post by Don »

Ok, thanks for the answer. If it doesn't really "matter" in the game, I could leave it there. I thought I would need to calculate if "I produce 100000 lbs of steel, how many cars I could create if their weight is 5000 lbs by alone".
mohmaaytah
Level 3 user

Post by mohmaaytah »

In and of themselves the units are kind of meaningless so if you want to create a mod that changes lb to kg without changing the dependencies then you can.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

You can define all the units you want to use in your mod. You can create entirely made up ones if you want, you just have to set the parameters yourself across the whole mod to be consistent. For example natural resources are usually dug up in tons and you will need to set the conversion rate in your mod for each "unit" used in manufacturing (eg convert tons to lbs or to grams or to kilos or to carats, or whatever you prefer).
yosraz

Post by yosraz »

I have requested imperial measures myself in another thread. Coming from Norway I am used to tons, litres, metres and so on. Would also love more currencies in the game like GB Pound, Euro and Nkr.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I would recommend that you create a poll for your suggestion to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement it if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

For more info about new feature requests evaluation process, please see: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=7052