Advanced AI start even without DLC

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Don

Advanced AI start even without DLC

Post by Don »

Hey!

So I was trying to setup a custom game. I haven't activated any DLCs. When I start a game, the game says that I can't build anything for 5 years. Why is that? I tried to enable Subsidiary DLC giving 5 years advance for AI, but then disabled it when starting a game.

Then I enabled DLC, gave AI 40 years in advance, then disabled it. When trying to launch a custom game (Subsidiary dlc disabled), the game now says that I can't build anything for 40 years - even though all dlcs are disabled.

Any solutions?

EDIT: So basically when I disable DLC, it's still enabled in the settings... I tried to install the newest launcher (.58), but didn't work.. I am new to the game so I would like to still play without DLCs. :D
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Advanced AI start even without DLC

Post by David »

It is because AI Advance Start setting is not a part of the Subsidiary DLC, it is available to the game even without DLC. So even if Subsidiary DLC is disabled, the setting prevails.

Please follow these steps to disable it:
-enable the Subsidiary DLC
-go to the new game Subsidiary DLC setting menu and disable AI Advance Start
-disable the Subsidiary DLC

We plan to introduce a button allowing you to reset all game settings to default in version 10.0 as a more convenient solution than above.