Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.71 Patch

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.71 Patch

Post by David »

Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.71 patch is now available for download at:
https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CR91719100.zip

IMPORTANT: This patch must be applied on top of Release version 9.1.15 or later. If you haven't installed it, please download the full version viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9207

Then extract the ZIP file to your Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.

Version 9.1.71
Fixed the bug where a new revenue goal will be generated after completing an existing revenue goal.

When loading a challenge game, it is defaulted to using the Account login name instead of the Player name in the game.

When viewing the Goal report, the “Rankings” button will be displayed at the bottom-left of the Information Center if the current game is a challenge game. Clicking this button will open the rankings webpage of the current challenge game on a web browser.
Rankings-button-challenge-game.png
Rankings-button-challenge-game.png (799.19 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
Version 9.1.70
The game will display the customer traffic overlap on the city map when selecting a location to build a service firm.

Fixed a bug when switching between the local stock market and the global stock market.

Fixed the loophole of buying land plots next to natural resource sites for blocking AI companies from buying them.

Fixed a bug that prevented key search to function properly on the Corporation filter’s corporation list below the mini-map.

Improved the AI for building natural resource firms for improving the supply chain.

Gameplay balance improvement: decreased the long-term return of global stocks when the Inflation setting is Inverse.

Linked the demand for each product type to its city average price. Lower prices while maintaining good product overall ratings will stimulate greater demand, especially for non-essential products with a low necessity index.

Improvement for the “Realistic Money Supply” setting in Banking and Finance DLC:
1) When a company buys back its own bonds from the bond market, if the Realistic Money Supply setting is enabled, the buyback amount will be added back to the public money pool.

Two new anti-exploitation measures:
1) The amount of cash paid by a subsidiary to the parent company for acquiring a technology cannot exceed the net equity of the subsidiary.

2) When “Alternative Stock Sim” setting is enabled, or “Anti-exploitation Game Rules” is defined in the loaded script,
stock trading between the player's company (or its insurance company) and
its subsidiaries (or its insurance company) is prohibited, thus making it
harder to speculate stocks for quick profits.
(in previous versions, insurance companies are not covered in this rule.)

Version 9.1.66
Fixed the bug where a Mansion cannot be moved by the mayor but city has the money.
Fixed the bug where CMO was handling advertising properly.
Improved the AI to handle invalid Service Firm layout plans set up by the player.

Version 9.1.65
Two Quality of Life Improvements:
1) When you change the price of a product, its overall rating reflecting the changed price will be displayed next to the current overall rating, allowing you to more precisely raise or lower the price to your desired overall rating.

In this example, the city average overall rating is 44. You wanted to raise your product's price while keeping its overall rating slightly above 44. With this new feature, when you use the [+][-] buttons to adjust the price, the new overall rating will be calculated and displayed instantly, before you confirm the price change.
price-display.png
price-display.png (127.55 KiB) Viewed 4090 times
2) The components of the brand rating which includes Brand Awareness and Brand Loyalty are now displayed, allowing you to make better decisions on whether you should continue to advertise the product or not. Since Brand Loyalty can be negative, displaying it on this screen allows you to clearly see the brand loyalty's effect on the overall brand rating.
Brand-display.png
Brand-display.png (503.5 KiB) Viewed 4090 times
New park graphics: one new 1x1 park, 4 new 2x2 parks, one new 3x3 park.
new parks.png
new parks.png (220.22 KiB) Viewed 4090 times
Fixed a bug that occurred when trying to merge a company that had a competing OS.

Obsoleted products will no longer be included in new product launch goals.
bycomet
Level 3 user

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.65 Patch

Post by bycomet »

Nice update. In terms of QoL improvement, I'm facing a QoL problem right now. In COO policy setting we can select to prefer ordering from warehouse over factory. But in my test it only works for new store orders, existing orders don't change when a new warehouse is established to offer the same product. For instance, I have factory 001 to sell product to 10 stores. Later on I find the demand exceeds factory supply in the stores so I built factory 002 and a warehouse. I want to use the warehouse to bring together products from the two factories then sell to stores. But usually only new stores built after the warehouse will buy from warehouse, the existing 10 stores still purchase from factory 001, they don't change purchase source. This is a problem I face a lot in late game and it requires much manual operation to sort out the purchase source of stores. I hope that this COO policy can be effective for existing store purchases.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.66 Patch

Post by cantdownloadit »

On the firm overview screen, because there are now more building types, the bottom gets cut off by the next entry.
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (97.41 KiB) Viewed 2716 times
maff
Level 3 user

Post by maff »

David wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:11 pm New park graphics: one new 1x1 park, 4 new 2x2 parks, one new 3x3 park.
I have version 9.1.66 and the parks option is not available, do I need any DLC?
Image Grupo no Telegram para BRs: https://t.me/captalismlab Image

Please, vote: viewtopic.php?p=40423#p40423
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Appeared while building factory (no save)
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (9.36 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:24 pm Appeared while building factory (no save)

Image1.jpg
Did this error happen again? Is it repeatable?

Were you using a mod?
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

havent had it since, but game crashed so may just have been that game.

In addition to the imagine being cut off i posted above, here is another one - the numbers of the firms clip with the images
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (86.54 KiB) Viewed 2299 times
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.70 Patch

Post by David »

Version 9.1.70 has been released. Please see the top of this thread for the download link.

The game will display the customer traffic overlap on the city map when selecting a location to build a service firm.

Fixed a bug when switching between the local stock market and the global stock market.

Fixed the loophole of buying land plots next to natural resource sites for blocking AI companies from buying them.

Fixed a bug that prevented key search to function properly on the Corporation filter’s corporation list below the mini-map.

Improved the AI for building natural resource firms for improving the supply chain.

Gameplay balance improvement: decreased the long-term return of global stocks when the Inflation setting is Inverse.

Linked the demand for each product type to its city average price. Lower prices while maintaining good product overall ratings will stimulate greater demand, especially for non-essential products with a low necessity index.

Improvement for the “Realistic Money Supply” setting in Banking and Finance DLC:
1) When a company buys back its own bonds from the bond market, if the Realistic Money Supply setting is enabled, the buyback amount will be added back to the public money pool.

Two new anti-exploitation measures:
1) The amount of cash paid by a subsidiary to the parent company for acquiring a technology cannot exceed the net equity of the subsidiary.

2) When “Alternative Stock Sim” setting is enabled, or “Anti-exploitation Game Rules” is defined in the loaded script,
stock trading between the player's company (or its insurance company) and
its subsidiaries (or its insurance company) is prohibited, thus making it
harder to speculate stocks for quick profits.
(in previous versions, insurance companies are not covered in this rule.)
bycomet
Level 3 user

Post by bycomet »

David wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:53 am Linked the demand for each product type to its city average price. Lower prices while maintaining good product overall ratings will stimulate greater demand, especially for non-essential products with a low necessity index.
Interesting. Not sure if this addresses the problem of low price low quality products taking more market share we discussed earlier. If think about it the other way around, AI companies maintain their overall rating by lowering price, but their product quality are low, then they won't gain much demand like before? It's worth a try.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

I don't like the change to anti exploitation rules, it makes buying shares a pain now. (I tested it in new beta but I think its the same here).

going to have to disable anti exploit in future. only other option would be to disable all my subsidiaries from buying shares, since it appears a subsidiary buying shares prevents me from buying shares in same company and if there are lots of companies they all end up owning bits of each other making this a pain. (it also doesn't appear to apply to ai companies since I control both united and super in this test, yet they are able to both buy shares as related companies yet I cannot)

Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (133.1 KiB) Viewed 1742 times